Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Your The Movies movies (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/12782-your-movies-movies.html)

SakSquash 01-06-2006 09:05 AM

Your The Movies movies.

I'm sure i'll be the only person posting some, since the rest of you are lazy turds, but here it is.

Let it be known that i'm still kind of used to this, I suck at voice overs, and I don't write any of it before I do it. I just improv on the spot. So be gentle. :D

Ape Escape!

artwking4 01-06-2006 09:36 AM

Hehe... Oliver Clothesoff.

That was good.:) Kind of inspirational, too. Maybe I should get this game, and make some stories of my own.

It would be neat if there was a cel-shaded version where you could make cartoons instead of 3D "realistic" stuff.

AFGNCAAP 01-06-2006 09:45 AM

Hehe, funny. Nicely offbeat story, that (knowing you, hardly a surprise :D ). You are definitely too harsh on yourself about the voiceovers. I've heard worse stuff on the top-voted clips on the official The Movies website.

By the way, why haven't you posted it there? The ads on this site you linked to are a little... er, disconcerting.

Oh, and I'm not lazy turd - the Polish publisher is, having been pushing back the release for two months now. At the moment it looks as though it will come out just before my mid-term exams start. :shifty:

Anyway, thanks for sharing. :)

SakSquash 01-06-2006 09:56 AM

Heh, I just noticed those ads. Whoops. Though, i'm tempted to click "erotic powerpoints."

Thanks for the kind words. Just you wait until I get my War epic done.

Dasilva 01-06-2006 10:39 AM

Haha! Thats funny. He does some some kung fu. So do you recommend this game to people?

SakSquash 01-06-2006 11:18 AM

Only if you have the time to play it. It takes dedication. It took me close to two and a half hours to make that.

RLacey 01-06-2006 12:44 PM

I want this game, but I'm only getting the Collector's edition. I find it nothing short of ridiculous that they give extra costumes in that when making movies is the best part :shifty:...

SamNMax 01-06-2006 02:28 PM

It takes a long time to edit films.

wildcat 01-06-2006 03:05 PM

What's the difference between the standard The Movies and Collector's Edition?

RLacey 01-06-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat
What's the difference between the standard The Movies and Collector's Edition?

If I remember correctly, a "Making of" video, some extra costumes for your actors and printed booklet guide to making movies.

SamNMax 01-06-2006 03:45 PM

That's it? You'd figure there'd be more.

RLacey 01-06-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNMax
That's it? You'd figure there'd be more.

Heh. Collectors editions in the UK seem to be rarely worth it. Removing costumes for the vanilla edition seems slightly evil to me, though.

AFGNCAAP 01-06-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Removing costumes for the vanilla edition seems slightly evil to me, though.

Are you sure they aren't available to download for free?

RLacey 01-06-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Are you sure they aren't available to download for free?

Dunno. They probably are by now...

SamNMax 01-06-2006 03:51 PM

The only Collectors' Edition I ever found was worth it as The Warcraft III one (awesome case, poster signed by developement team, concept art, Art of Warcraft book, making of and trailer DVDs, instruction booklet signed by development team). Only $80

AFGNCAAP 01-06-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Dunno. They probably are by now...

No, I mean officially. I thought I read, somewhere, a piece of info about a set of new costumes and props to be made available by Lionhead soon. I might have been imagining things, though.

Karmillo 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNMax
The only Collectors' Edition I ever found was worth it as The Warcraft III one (awesome case, poster signed by developement team, concept art, Art of Warcraft book, making of and trailer DVDs, instruction booklet signed by development team). Only $80

The Age of Empires III collectors edition is pretty good aswell, big box that has an art book, poster, sound track and a DVD of extras :D

SakSquash 01-07-2006 09:32 PM

The Rotting Dead.

SakSquash 01-08-2006 06:02 PM

Touching the Dead Trailer

I knew i'd be the only one doing this....

Maquisard 01-08-2006 09:00 PM

Hehe, I see you're really into Charlton Heston quotes. :P Who did the chick voice in the zombie one?

BTW, that "touching the dead" idea with a necrophiliac is positively disturbed. :crazy: