You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General A Taste of Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski interviewSchafer W/ Tim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Banned User

Default A Taste of Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski interviewSchafer W/ Tim

Ok mods, if you think it's too risky, you can delete it, but it's less than half of the interview, and i'm saying it very clearly This is from OXM. If you want the rest, you'll have to buy the magazine!! Or...ya know...ya knowww...

If anything, i'm giving them publicity. Ya know, it's kinda like a demo. The rest of the interview is behind the black box and onto a second page, which is not shown.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #2

And next month, Tim Schafer interviews Peter Molyneux.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
A Servicable Villain

Ooh, that'll be interesting.

Schafer: ,,So, when will you actually make a good game out of all those cool ideas you have?"
Molyneux (Cockney accent): ,,I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean with 'game'?"
Old 01-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
Ooh, that'll be interesting.

Schafer: ,,So, when will you actually make a good game out of all those cool ideas you have?"
Molyneux (Cockney accent): ,,I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean with 'game'?"
What do you mean? Fable was great and Ive heard allot of god things about Black and White 2
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
Aj_
Beyond Belief

What was great about Fable?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
What was great about Fable?
It was great fun, the way your characters appearence changed according to how you played the game was cool.
The combat was fun and not too dificult to handle and there was tons of other things you could do if you wanted a break from doing the quests.

Sure it wasnt what they aimed to acheive but even though it fell short of what was promised it was still one of the best games i have played
Old 01-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
Banned User

I have a grudge against PM. He promises too many things then delivers on half of them.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:52 AM   #8
A Servicable Villain

Naah, I'm passed that. In fact I'm pretty interested in playing Fable. The thing is, I think Shafer is in a totally different league than Molyneux. The way he constructs the medium is less extravagant, but more based on premium storytelling, and a visual narrative. That captures my interest more than interesting ideas about playing God which are then sloppily executed.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #9
Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
What do you mean? Fable was great and Ive heard allot of god things about Black and White 2
I agree, Fable was decent, but where did you hear lots of good things about Black and White 2? That game is rubbish. I tried it, but it is a way too frustrating experience. The Movies is nice though.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #10
Aj_
Beyond Belief

I don't know, it was a good solid, short game. Greatness is obviously subjective, but the ammount of actual content in the game was really low(there wasn't that much to do inbetween quests, and the optional quests were weak as hell).

As a RPG the combat and stats sucked royally (like Jade Empire), and I can't imagine there being much beta testing because the balance is awful. Some styles are completely useless, while others make the game far too easy.

Any innovation they were planning they didn't follow through with. The character morphing system was cool, but they promised so much more, in the end it looks cool but it really isn't that important to the game(they said they were going to morph the entire world).

KOTOR might be described as great, but I really can't see Fable joining it in a few years.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #11
Banned User

Yeah, he def. is winning me back with The Movies.