You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Prince of Persia : The Two Thrones

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #1
Burning

Default Prince of Persia : The Two Thrones

Did anyone play this game? Reading the reviews it seems that Ubisoft possibly redeemed themselves and the game is more in the direction of beautiful Sands of Time than the abysmal Warrior Within.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/673/673220p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...a3/review.html

The new theatrical trailer is also interesting. I may play it one day, just want to see the conclusion of the story.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #2

Ideally, I would like to play through Sands of Time and Warrior Within (and get the real ending) before playing through Two Thrones, though I finally relented in purchasing the xbox version of the game. Wanted the PC version, but everytime I asked the store since Tuesday, the store didn't have it, always reporting it'd be in the next day. So I gave up on that and just got the Xbox version.

I didn't think Warrior Within was abysmal, it was a decent game, but there were some really horrible decisions made regarding the atmosphere and such that made it less enjoyable than Sands of Time.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Sands of time was a great game, but the combat was so repetitive. Great puzzles & plot/dialogs though.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 12-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
Hoopy frood

I loved Sands of Time. It was truly one of the best games ever. When I heard about the sequel, I was really excited. I liked the idea of a darker Prince, hardened and jaded from relentless pursuit. The reviews and demo of Warrior Within came out, and after playing the demo, I lost all interest I ever had in the game. It was okay, but it didn't feel like it captured the essence of SOT properly.

Fast forward a year. Last Wednesday, I finally picked up Warrior Within for $12.08. I decided it was probably worth the money, especially since I want to play the new sequel. It's certainly no Sands of Time, and it's absolutely riddled with glitches and bugs, but it's still fun. They could have taken more game time to explore the reason the Prince is so much darker. I would've liked to see it start with SOT Prince, then maybe show him degrading through a cutscene of some kind before jumping into the more ruthless shoes of WW. Either way, Warrior Within is flawed, but it's still very fun, especially to a fan of the puzzles.

That all being said, I'm really looking forward to Two Thrones. I'm hoping to get it for Christmas. 1up.com said that it contains more puzzles than the first two games combined, and that is awesome. I'm amazed that they've managed to crank these things out one a year.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
Good for your Heart!

Looking to pick this up too, any recommendations for which platform? I'm leaning a little towards the Xbox version myself...
Old 12-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
Good for your Heart!

Speaking of Prince 3, here's a hilarious commercial that we'll probably never see in the states:

Prince of Persia Commercial
Old 12-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerios
Speaking of Prince 3, here's a hilarious commercial that we'll probably never see in the states:

This is awesome Wonder, why it can't be shown in the US, because it doesn't have any nudity or sex? Can be a problem in Germany though.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
Epinionated.

BUMP!

Genius!

Triangle...
Old 12-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #9
Good for your Heart!

X X X X X X X X X X X x x x x.... L1!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 03:27 AM   #10
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
This is awesome Wonder, why it can't be shown in the US, because it doesn't have any nudity or sex? Can be a problem in Germany though.

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but I'm assuming it isn't. Because of the blood.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:11 AM   #11
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShift
Not sure if this is sarcasm, but I'm assuming it isn't. Because of the blood.
I'd say its more because of the cruelty
Old 12-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #12
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I definitely won't be buying this. All the reviews praise it mainly for being like Sands of Time. Well, I was stupid enough to believe the hype and buy the piece of trash called Sands of Time, so I know that that is by no means an admirable achievement.

[dodges flying keyboards]
Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #13
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
I definitely won't be buying this. All the reviews praise it mainly for being like Sands of Time. Well, I was stupid enough to believe the hype and buy the piece of trash called Sands of Time, so I know that that is by no means an admirable achievement.

[dodges flying keyboards]
Now just cause it didnt please you doesnt mean its trash
Old 12-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #14
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Now just cause it didnt please you doesnt mean its trash
No, you're right- that doesn't. What makes it trash is its lack of coherence, lack of vision, sloppy design, etc. I'm not going to bother writing a subjective analysis which would reveal it as the shallow trash it is, because I wrote just such a post on a different forum over a year ago. It's on the middle of this page. My positions on many things (such as classification) were very different back then, but you can still get a sense of how unsatisfied I was.

But never mind that- that's ancient history. The problem now is that obviously whoever designed this new game, much like whoever designed the old one (maybe the same guy, as far as I know), has no vision whatsoever. When a game creator bases his entire game around what gamers have asked for, I really don't think he should be praised. They're cynically playing the market, concerned not with quality or integrity but only with whether "customers" are satisfied with this assembly-line product. They're playing the market as they did when they decided that a darker, grittier, more violent, more offensive sequel (WW) would sell better; they're playing the market as they did when they decided that the whole of a game doesn't matter just so long as it's got lots of parts that can be used as bullet points on the back of the SoT box, or when they decided to act as if the Prince stripping is plot development. They should be ashamed of this work, and no self-respecting gamer should support it.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:15 AM   #15
Schättenjager

Default Prince is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
Did anyone play this game? Reading the reviews it seems that Ubisoft possibly redeemed themselves and the game is more in the direction of beautiful Sands of Time than the abysmal Warrior Within.
The new theatrical trailer is also interesting. I may play it one day, just want to see the conclusion of the story.
As an old pop fan I can say Prince is back! After WW bull...(couldnt stand more than 3 levels)this time far more playable for old pop fans,new acrobatics
,sound original actor from ST voicing the prince with more traditional Middle Eastern themes,graphics(although there is no highly atmospheric lightning as far as play but not greyish as WWfor sure) ...simply no way that dissappoints after WW again
Old 12-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #16
Hitch-Hiker

Anyone played the Original POP? Man that game was amazing...

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 12-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #17
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
Anyone played the Original POP? Man that game was amazing...
I wasnt a big fan of the originaly, jumping felt really sloppish.

I remember when i used to play it i would go the wrong way at first and run into the guy with the sword, then when i ran back he would follow me into the first room again then keep running into the wall....Think that was also the first time i managed to get the sword only to die while trying to get down to fight him
Old 12-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #18
Hitch-Hiker

Well for its time it was great.

_

Old 12-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #19
TM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerios

Oh man, I'm in tears. That was a classic! "How do you climb?" That was hillarious! You made my day Cheerios, thanks! Anyway, I'm getting "Two Thrones" because it's looks to be back where it started and well...Prince of Persia is the greatest!
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS
Old 12-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #20
Schättenjager

Wow, i played one hour more (on pc)and simply the best POP game ever !
glad finally devs. made up their minds how POP should be