You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The Whole Launch Day Ordeal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #21
SamNMax

Yep. Smooth sailing over here. No trouble at all, and no big-ass story to tell.

PDZ = the shit.

Last edited by SamNMax; 11-22-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #22
Banned User

Go **** yourself.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #23
SamNMax

I'll do that. I'll go **** myself with my Premium 360 package, which I purchased effortlessly.

Last edited by SamNMax; 11-22-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #24
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I'll do that. I'll go **** myself with my Premium 360 package, which I purchased efortlessly.
You mean your parents purchased effortlessly.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #25
SamNMax

Actually, it was my brother...

Still, me > you.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #26
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Actually, he purchased it using his e-fort. Whatever that is.

@ SNM: Is Perfect Dark Zero really that good? And does that make it the first good post-Nintendo Rare game?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #27
SamNMax

Fixed it. Happy now?

And yes. I'd say Rare is finally showing traces of its old self. I mean, it's not as good as the old shit, but a great game nonetheless.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #28
Banned User

Quote:
Actually, it was my brother...

Still, me > you.
Typical.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #29
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Fixed it. Happy now?

And yes. I'd say Rare is finally showing traces of its old self. I mean, it's not as good as the old shit, but a great game nonetheless.
Interesting. Here's hoping (almost certainly in vain) for a Halo-esque PC port.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #30
Homer of Kittens

So in leet speak, and the bottom line of this thread:

SNM Pwned tempsie

Firefox rules
Old 11-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #31
Banned User

Oh yeah. He got me good.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #32
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

SNM r0x0rz. SNM > t3mp5!!1!one!

Old 11-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #33
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
But then the guard says "Try Woodbury Commons in Monroe, I just got a call from them saying that there wasn't anyone waiting for theirs and they have 20 premiums and 20 core systems.

Ticket time came, and the manager announced that they had 18 premiums and 20 core systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
I heard someone tried to hold up an EBGames at gunpoint and stole 2 Xbox360's

They got caught I think.
Perhaps that could be why there was only 18?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #34
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
A ring about half a metre across. They're big.
*drool*
All this talk of food is making me hungry.

Quote:
Look, forget about the sandwhich. It's not the point. Plus, it wasn't even that good.
*runs of to kitchen to get some food*
Old 11-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #35
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Oh yeah. He got me good.
Da realest playa in da game knocked ya off yo grind once again, bitch.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:19 PM   #36
Banned User

Sure did, Slim.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #37
SamNMax

But man, I know what that's like. I remember waiting for Wind Waker on its release date and going through pretty much the same thing with the waiting. Only, I never got a copy because the ****ers at EB never got 'em in.

Old 11-23-2005, 02:05 AM   #38
A Servicable Villain

Great story, Temp. You go stand in more lines so you'll have more awesome things to tell.

I actually miss not having stood in line for something like this yet. I think the atmosphere and event should be interesting. Of course, it's not like a Starwars line where everyone knows he'll get in. This 360-line will have had a lot more vicious competition and spite.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:56 AM   #39
Chris Barraclough

That sucks, can't believe you had to go through all that not to even get one in the end. What were the Target guys doing to mock you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4462744.stm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
EDIT: This sure does happen in other industries. Don't you guys remember the uproar over Cabbage Patch Kids and Tickle-Me Elmo? People got beat up and trampled trying to buy those things for their kids.
Just look at what Arnie went through in Jingle All The Way to get that stupid doll for his kid!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-23-2005, 05:15 AM   #40
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
That sucks, can't believe you had to go through all that not to even get one in the end. What were the Target guys doing to mock you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4462744.stm

Just look at what Arnie went through in Jingle All The Way to get that stupid doll for his kid!
Holy ****ing shit! It's so funny you should mention Arnie in Jingle All the Way, because we started talking about that about halfway through the wait! Creeepppy.

We were all lined up outside of a window in their Starbucks area, and this one guy, some street rat with tattoos on his neck and some tall lanky black dude were like pointing and laughing, mock shivering, faux having sex with eachter (???), the scuzzy looking one would stick his face against the window eating pretzels. It all turned into a shouting match between him and us and there was much banging on the doors and windows. Of course, when management was alerted to this, they did nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
Great story, Temp. You go stand in more lines so you'll have more awesome things to tell.

I actually miss not having stood in line for something like this yet. I think the atmosphere and event should be interesting. Of course, it's not like a Starwars line where everyone knows he'll get in. This 360-line will have had a lot more vicious competition and spite.
Maybe you'll get another one if there are lines on second shipment.

It's funny. There was a small feeling of competition, but it wasn't that bad. There was a rift growing between the first 20 people who were on that list that the first people who were there started, and the 21 - 45 people who came after losing out at that nasty walmart raffle, mostly because those first 20 people were the ones sleeping in their cars while the rest of us waited outside for the whole thing, but it was mostly a nice event. I think that's why I came away not so mad in the end, because everyone was nice about it. I mean, some dude took an extra blanket and wrapped it around me. I don't think you'd see something like that otherwise.

What surprised me the most was the age of most of the people there. Most of the guys there were 30 years of age and older, and they weren't getting them for their kids but themselves. One guy was talking about how he planned on getting one for his kid, but this, as he put it, "baby" was "alllllll his." And that dude that worked for Microsoft told us all this story about how he had to go to China to head the recall efforts. I looked around at the people listening, which was everyone, and they all had slack jaws and were really really interested in his story. It was amazing. You'd think they were watching acrobats at the circus. Another guy told a story about how fun it was to work at a photo center and the weird pictures he's seen. Everyone told their horror stories about that night.

In fact, the whole thing was like an online forum. We discussed "PSP Brick," games that were coming out, past launch experiences, etc etc. I formed such a bond with people, that when I didn't get a premium, one of the older guys pointed to me and said "No! He should get one too! He deserves one!"

So in the end, while I didn't come away with what I wanted, I did come away with the experience, and that is worth at least something.