You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General ****ing Rich People

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
Banned User

Default ****ing Rich People

On November 22, 2005, countless numbers of people, who worked their asses off and saved up enough money for god knows how long, will go empty handed, not being able to get an xbox360 or from getting pushed back in their preorder due to shortages, and yet these people, for whom the price tag is mere chump change, walk away with these things given to them. Way to go world. Way to go.

Oh god kill me now!

Oh well, at least one nonfamous person got one.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Those people were in fact paid hundreds of thousands total to be handed those 360s.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
Banned User

Good god...please don't tell me that.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
merely human

Why are you even posting pics of them when you hate them so much?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #5
SamNMax

Quote:
On November 22, 2005, countless numbers of people, who worked their asses off and saved up enough money for god knows how long, will go empty handed, not being able to get an xbox360 or from getting pushed back in their preorder due to shortages...
Wow. Will future 360 owners really be that lucky?

Old 11-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
(916) CALL-TURK

Complain
Old 11-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Temp, an XBox 360 is as close as your local Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target, Sam's Club, or Costco.

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
merely human

Ah, that's right! The console goes for sale one minute after midnight. Where I am that's an hour and four minutes away. Guess I could load up some KOTOR on my ancient, ancient Xbox right now to celebrate.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-20-2005, 10:58 PM   #9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Uhhh...proof? Dur.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:48 PM   #10
capsized.

Is that the price tag those people are carrying around there? Seriously, why 360 anyway? That's so..... random. And it doesn't even sound cool.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:25 AM   #11
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Is that the price tag those people are carrying around there? Seriously, why 360 anyway? That's so..... random. And it doesn't even sound cool.
360 degrees = a full circle
Old 11-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #12
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

If I just had the money... *sigh* So, do you have any adveices how I should raise money to buy me a Xbox 360? Or we could start a fund at helptmaneliusgetaxbox360.com?? Anyone??
Old 11-21-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It's making me wanna put my phone through my monitor. I'm at work though, and I think that may be a fireable offence.

Every time I see that gurning slapper Paris Hilton I feel like tearing my own arms off at the injustice of the world. Only problem is, the first arm would be easy but then I'd have to use my teeth for the second one.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-21-2005, 04:25 AM   #14
Party On Dudes

Capitalism in its purest form.

Luckily i'm not fazed cause counter strike feels like its the game to end all games. But on the other hand Paris Hilton deserves torture incapable of being given by the mentally stable.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 11-21-2005, 04:58 AM   #15
Master of time and space

Why the hype about a Xbox360 anyway? What's so special about these consoles that you can't get a similar experience with a computer? I haven't owned a console since Nintendo 8-bit. What's the point? Enlighten me.

*edit*
Who the snot feels that since Paris Hilton has a Xbox, must have one too ?!?!?!?!??

Last edited by MdaG; 11-21-2005 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 AM   #16
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG
Who the snot feels that since Paris Hilton has a Xbox, must have one too ?!?!?!?!??
You'd have to be a pretty sad individual, that's for sure! I'm sure there's plenty of vacant-headed barbie girl wannabes out there who follow everything she does.

I bet her xbox will end up sitting in one of her many closets that isn't filled with random expensive clothes. After her dog takes a dump on it.

Oh, and as for whats the big deal with consoles, they're excellent for multiplayer gaming when you have a few mates round, you can all relax round the TV rather than crowding round a PC. And there's sometimes good games that are console-only too. And they're shiny and pretty.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-21-2005, 06:58 AM   #17
Life and times of...

What's so special about this? Those people get handed, or paid for, a lot of even much (and I mean much) more expensive stuff. An XBox is not that much of a deal...
Old 11-21-2005, 08:13 AM   #18
Banned User

It means something to us who will be waiting in line for 5 hours tonight shelling out their last dollars.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:30 AM   #19
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
It means something to us who will be waiting in line for 5 hours tonight shelling out their last dollars.
As opposed to those who will just walk in a store on Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday and buy one off the shelf? Not to mention those who will wait for the inevitable price drop after Christmas?
I myself will be waiting greedily for all the nice, used, regular XBoxes to start pouring into the thrift stores after Christmas. I'm cheap that way.

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-21-2005, 08:32 AM   #20
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
As opposed to those who will just walk in a store on Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday and buy one off the shelf? Not to mention those who will wait for the inevitable price drop after Christmas?
I myself will be waiting greedily for all the nice, used, regular XBoxes to start pouring into the thrift stores after Christmas. I'm cheap that way.
They won't be able to walk into a store and buy one like that until January.