You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What Radio Stations Did/Do you Listen to in the GTA Series?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
SamNMax

Default What Radio Stations Did/Do you Listen to in the GTA Series?

GTA III: Chatterbox

Vice City: Wildstyle

San Andreas: Radio Los Santos

Liberty City Stories: Various (None of them are very special)

Old 11-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Banned User

I just kinda flipped through until a found a song I liked. Though, most of the time I listened to my custom soundtrack filled with songs, none of which passed the year 1993.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

When I commit major traffic violations, my radio station of choice is Double Cleff (the classical music stations).
Old 11-20-2005, 04:24 AM   #4
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

In GTA 3 I just used my own mp3 files and sometimes just chose the station on random. In Vice City I listened to V-Rock and Flash FM.

Don't know about San Andreas though, I haven't played because I'm quite bored with GTA games these days.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Chris Barraclough

Chatterbox in the 3rd one, and pretty much all of them in Vice City, 80s rules!

Complete Chatterbox transcript here: http://www.pcnx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=397

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
When I commit major traffic violations, my radio station of choice is Double Cleff (the classical music stations).

In GTA3, I listened to nothing but talk radio. And in Vice City, the rock station. Never played San Andreas and never will.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I looooove the reggae station in San Andreas. 'Pressure Drop', 'Chase the Devil', 'Armagideon Time', all brilliant and classic songs.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 11-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #8
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno6

In GTA3, I listened to nothing but talk radio. And in Vice City, the rock station. Never played San Andreas and never will.
Why? Do you hate black people?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #9

I first always listen to the chat channels until I've heard everything, and then switch to the thrashy poppy music channel. I recall it being 'Lips 106' in GTA3. There were quite a few addictive songs on those pop channels. Overall, the radio channels of GTA3 were superior to those of Vice City though.

I never got into San Andreas, so I can't comment on its music. Even though I liked all the previous GTA games, the stupid nigger from da hood atmosphere and homie language in SA really pissed me off to no end. Gangsters, Italian mafia, Japanese yakusa, they're all cool, but gangsta niggahs most certainly are not. They're to be shot at on sight.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #10
SamNMax

Wow.

You know the whole message of SA was that drugs destroy everything they touch and the whole objective of the game is to take down a huge drug empire, right? And the gang that your character is in are trying to rebuild their shattered community and making their neighborhood a better place, right? And what you're implying is that organized crime ran by the Italian and Japanese Mafia is somehow "cool" and ideal, yet organized crime ran by "niggers" as you put it, is somehow worse and morally wrong, right? You, sir, are incredible.

Last edited by SamNMax; 11-20-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #11
Banned User

Wow indeed. To me, "gangsta niggas" are the same as the Italian mafia, or the Russian Mafia or the Yakuza or any other form of organized crime. That's what a gang is - organized crime.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #12
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

What bothers me the most about GTA:SA is not the "urban" flair -- that I mostly ignored -- so much as the fact that it feels like it was made by a bunch of excited neds somewhere in crackerlands of Scotland the morning after the night they overdosed on all manner of black gangsta cinema. DMA used to be cool.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #13
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Wow indeed. To me, "gangsta niggas" are the same as the Italian mafia, or the Russian Mafia or the Yakuza or any other form of organized crime. That's what a gang is - organized crime.
Actually, organized crime in ghettos and local gangs seem more moral than any mafia. At least the Grove Street Families used their gang power to support their community. What did the Mafias in GTA III do? Just killed eachother. Only with more style.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #14
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
What bothers me the most about GTA:SA is not the "urban" flair -- that I mostly ignored -- so much as the fact that it feels like it was made by a bunch of excited neds somewhere in crackerlands of Scotland the morning after the night they overdosed on all manner of black gangsta cinema. DMA used to be cool.
Uh, how? I know it was, but where could you sense the "feel"?

Old 11-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #15
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Why? Do you hate black people?
Not at all, I'm just bored with Grand Theft Auto. GTA3 was a lot of fun when it first came out, and Vice City was okay, but by now, it doesn't have the same flair as it did then.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #16
SamNMax

Yeah, I know. I can't get into Liberty City Stories like I could the other three. Though, I still play it because I love the Liberty City setting.

Old 11-20-2005, 04:29 PM   #17
Banned User

And the only good game for PSP
Old 11-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I never got into San Andreas, so I can't comment on its music. Even though I liked all the previous GTA games, the stupid nigger from da hood atmosphere and homie language in SA really pissed me off to no end. Gangsters, Italian mafia, Japanese yakusa, they're all cool, but gangsta niggahs most certainly are not. They're to be shot at on sight.
Way to be an asshole.

Anyway, talk radio all the time.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #19
SamNMax

Quote:
And the only good game for PSP
False. Check out Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee and Twisted Metal: Head-On.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #20
Banned User

Oh yeah. I forgot about hotshots. Didn't hear many good things about TM though.