You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What Radio Stations Did/Do you Listen to in the GTA Series?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM   #21

Wipeout's great too if you're a fan of the series.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:30 AM   #22

I varied quite a bit but my favorites probably were:
GTA III: Chatterbox (by far)
Vice City: Wildstyle
San Andreas: Radio X
Old 11-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Wow.
And what you're implying is that organized crime ran by the Italian and Japanese Mafia is somehow "cool" and ideal, yet organized crime ran by "niggers" as you put it, is somehow worse and morally wrong, right?
Wow, that's not at all what I meant. Sorry if it came over that way.

Kingzjester better described what I meant. The urban atmosphere was so exaggerated that it became ridiculous. I also consider Italian or Japanese maffia to be much 'cooler' in a Tarantino kind of way than black gangs. And GTA is all about playing the Bad Mother****er from a Tarantino movie, is it not? It has nothing to do with racism.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #24
SamNMax

I asked this before. How is it exaggerated? I kind of get what you're saying, but I need examples.

Quote:
And GTA is all about playing the Bad Mother****er from a Tarantino movie, is it not?
No. Why does it have to be a "Tarantino" (overrated) type of character? What's wrong with CJ? What makes him lamer than Tommy or GTA III guy or Tony? In fact, he was more appealing to me than the other three because he had a cause.

Old 11-21-2005, 04:34 PM   #25
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

This is the inetrnet, I don't need to justify myself on the internet. The internet allows me to yell out something outrageous really loudly and run away without the obligation of backing anything.

Spoiler:
I may elaborate later.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 AM   #26

Quote:
No.
Well, it is to me. And who are you to judge that? If you want to see some kind of satire on society in GTA, go ahead, but to me it's just a game that lets me play the badass without ending up in jail for the next 20 years of my life. Just like Pulp Fiction indulges me in the world of a bunch of mobsters I wouldn't want anywhere close to me in real life.

Quote:
Why does it have to be a "Tarantino" (overrated) type of character? What's wrong with CJ? What makes him lamer than Tommy or GTA III guy or Tony? In fact, he was more appealing to me than the other three because he had a cause.
Not to me. He irritated me, but not so much as his brother or all the other idiots surrounding him. I have to confess that I didn't play the game for very long, because I just couldn't get over it.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:47 AM   #27

By the way, Phantom, if you're wondering why people are reacting with relative hostility toward you, you might want to re-read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Gangsters, Italian mafia, Japanese yakusa, they're all cool, but gangsta niggahs most certainly are not. They're to be shot at on sight.
and then consider why people are interpreting what you said as more than a simple "the theme doesn't appeal to me."
Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
By the way, Phantom, if you're wondering why people are reacting with relative hostility toward you, you might want to re-read this:

and then consider why people are interpreting what you said as more than a simple "the theme doesn't appeal to me."
Yeah, I understand it. But if I'm among friends, and something pisses me off to no end, we say 'please somebody, shoot it!'
And I call them gangsta niggahs because that's what they call themselves in the bloody game ffs .
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #29
SamNMax

Quote:
Not to me. He irritated me, but not so much as his brother or all the other idiots surrounding him. I have to confess that I didn't play the game for very long, because I just couldn't get over it.
There might lie the problem. But anyway, you do realize that all the idiots surrounding him and his brother
Spoiler:
turn out to be the bad guys
, right?

Old 11-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #30
SamNMax

Quote:
Well, it is to me. And who are you to judge that? If you want to see some kind of satire on society in GTA, go ahead,
I don't "see some kind of satire on society in GTA". Who does?

Quote:
but to me it's just a game that lets me play the badass without ending up in jail for the next 20 years of my life. Just like Pulp Fiction indulges me in the world of a bunch of mobsters I wouldn't want anywhere close to me in real life.
CJ was pretty badass to me. And can we drop this Tarantino shit?

Old 11-23-2005, 03:51 AM   #31

You pretty much hit it spot on when you said:

Quote:
What did the Mafias in GTA III do? Just killed eachother. Only with more style.
... which is why I like GTA3 and I don't like SA. I'm a huge cinema and game freak, and I consider style to be very important in both media. A good example is American McGee's Alice: an incredibly stylistic game with average gameplay, but to me it's one of the best games ever.

Last edited by Phantom; 11-23-2005 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #32
SamNMax

Okay, but again, how is GTA: SA devoid of style? I agree that the other two had more style than it, but you're saying it has no style. Why doesn't it?

Old 11-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #33

Quote:
Okay, but again, how is GTA: SA devoid of style? I agree that the other two had more style than it, but you're saying it has no style. Why doesn't it?
I never said it didn't have style. But let's end this discussion, because it's going nowhere. Let's keep it at 'to each his own'.