You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 09:01 AM   #1
Banned User

Default Flat Out

Anyone ever play this game? I'm playing it right now and it's so much fun. Check it out if ya can.

Though, this could be my inner redneck speaking.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yeah, I bought it last year it when it came out in Europe, it was a nice arcade racing game, although a bit disappointing in the end because of some limitations and for example no internet multiplayer for pc.

Flatout 2 is coming in 2006.

I opened up a thread about it in Idle T a year ago.

I have no idea what changes did the US version have when compared to the Euro version, it was supposed to be quite heavily modified?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Yeah, I bought it last year it when it came out in Europe, it was a nice arcade racing game, although a bit disappointing in the end because of some limitations and for example no internet multiplayer for pc.

Flatout 2 is coming in 2006.

I opened up a thread about it in Idle T a year ago.

I have no idea what changes did the US version have when compared to the Euro version, it was supposed to be quite heavily modified?
Uhhh yeah, i'd say so, considering we have online.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
The Reggienator

Damnit...

That's one thing I don't understand, why the hell haven't they released a big patch for the euroversion...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #5

I was hooked on FlatOut for a week or so. It's a really nice game, though it sometimes feels a bit random (especially with regards to how the car reacts to collisions).

Overall, I think Cross Racing Championship is a better game. It's definitely less glitzy, but the racing is more satisfying and it feels a bit more consistent. Well worth a try if you like FlatOut.

Oh yeah, and I'm looking forward to FlatOut 2, though I do wish Bugbear were working on Rally Trophy 2 instead. Until Richard Burns Rally came along, RT was the best rally game available.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #6
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
I was hooked on FlatOut for a week or so. It's a really nice game, though it sometimes feels a bit random (especially with regards to how the car reacts to collisions).

Overall, I think Cross Racing Championship is a better game. It's definitely less glitzy, but the racing is more satisfying and it feels a bit more consistent. Well worth a try if you like FlatOut.

Oh yeah, and I'm looking forward to FlatOut 2, though I do wish Bugbear were working on Rally Trophy 2 instead. Until Richard Burns Rally came along, RT was the best rally game available.
Wow, that looks great! Is it rally?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #7
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Hmm. I think I saw the European version of Flat Out for a mere £1.99 a couple of days ago. I'll check if it's still there tomorrow ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 PM   #8
The Reggienator

Quote:
Yeah, I'd love if Bugbear made RT2 instead of FO2, but RT didn't sell at all even though it was, and still is, one of the best hardcore racing games. Maybe that's just the reason why it didn't sell, arcade racing sells a lot better these days than hardcore...

FO on the other hand has had great sales and it was no wonder that Empire Interactive wants a sequel to the game.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Wow, that looks great! Is it rally?
CRC is a little of everything. Sort of like FlatOut, but more varied. There's a demo available somewhere (but it does take some time getting used to the controls - it feels awkward in the start, but much more natural as you get used to it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Yeah, I'd love if Bugbear made RT2 instead of FO2, but RT didn't sell at all even though it was, and still is, one of the best hardcore racing games. Maybe that's just the reason why it didn't sell, arcade racing sells a lot better these days than hardcore...
True. Maybe they'd do well if they published it themselves, like the companies behind Live for Speed and rFactor, for instance.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:53 AM   #10
Banned User

Doesn't seem to be available in the US?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Doesn't seem to be available in the US?
Graphsim are publishing it in the US (http://www.graphsim.com). They're a small company, so it's probably a bit difficult to find. The full game can be purchased online, though (as a buy & download thing, here: http://www.crc-game.com/index.php?page=buy_online).

Last edited by Kolorabi; 11-17-2005 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 AM   #12
Banned User

Quote:
Graphsim are publishing it in the US (http://www.graphsim.com). They're a small company, so it's probably a bit difficult to find. The full game can be purchased online, though (as a buy & download thing, here: http://www.crc-game.com/index.php?page=buy_online).
Yeah, i'm not too sure how I feel about paying for something, but not actually getting something I can hold.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 AM   #13

http://store.yahoo.com/graphsim/crrach20.html
Old 11-17-2005, 07:10 AM   #14
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

It was Mashed that was on sale at HMV. Boo ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 AM   #15
Banned User

Nice work. I'll def. think about getting this.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to feisar

flatOut is kinda cool, the deformable tracks and graphics are ace, but the handling is too loose, it feels totally random/no skill/just luck and the xbox version doesnt have customable soundtracks and the tunes on there are lame.

Its fun to dip into every now and then though and I want to get the sequel

And btw it sold ok but way less than was forecast, it actually pushed Empire Interactive into a loss for this year and stuff
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
Banned User

I happen to think the music is pretty good!

It's an arcady racer. Nuffin' wrong with that.