You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Sensible Soccer Is Back!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #61

yea and also it seemed like it was very easy to score close to the goal, but very hard to score far away no matter how good the after touch was the keep seem extra quick to react and slide across the goal
Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #62

The keepers are dumbed down in the demo, they are harder to beat in the full game.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #63
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
About the only thing that really irritated me about the demo was the crowd noise during normal play. I started to find it really grating - the sound looping every few seconds was very noticeable. It may be too much to hope, but was this changed before final release?
Man, that's a shame.

I remember an article in Amiga Format praising the original Sensi for its great crowd noise - apparently it would load the noise in blocks, or something, so the crowd would always seem to be responding to the action. I can't remember that much about it myself... we take that sort of thing for granted now, so for the remake to have taken a step back is daft.

Oh, and there's a video review of the game on the latest Consolevania.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #64

wtf is that consolevania site
Old 06-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #65
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
I remember an article in Amiga Format praising the original Sensi for its great crowd noise - apparently it would load the noise in blocks, or something, so the crowd would always seem to be responding to the action. I can't remember that much about it myself... we take that sort of thing for granted now, so for the remake to have taken a step back is daft.
The crowd noise does respond to the action with shots on goal and the like. It's just that, when you're dribbling around and passing in the middle of the field, the sound sample for the 'unexcited' crowd is very short and the looping becomes really noticeable after a little while. Might only be the case for the demo though.

And as for Consolevania, I see Eye-Z's 'wtf' and I raise it a couple of questions marks and an exclamation mark.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:12 AM   #66
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'd like to pretend to understand the appeal of Consolevania, but I just can't. I watched part of an episode once, and it just seems to consist of a whole load of really bad jokes. Which would be OK, but I was there to find out about games rather than watch a crude sketch that had nothing to do with them .

Maybe I'm just crazy.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 AM   #67

I got the game and it just refused to run due to Securerom or Starforce or something not liking my drives. The one where it takes the game forever to lead and the cursor turns into a cd-rom. Had to take it back
Old 06-16-2006, 05:49 AM   #68

CureRom

It doesn't like emulators like Daemon tools an such. Not a very big problem. Get a fix for it somewhere.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #69
Squeaky

Crimson, do you have any comment on the crowd noise in the full version of the game? I was just playing the demo again then, and it's driving me nuts.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 AM   #70

Which demo version do you mean? The PS2 version and the PC version are the only demos I've tried. The PS2 version was the worst, nearly any sound at all. It's a lot better in the full game. Still, it is a bit lacking in oomph, but I believe turning up the volume can fix that, as you can turn down sound effects and up the crowd effects.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #71
Squeaky

PC version. It's not the lack of oomph that's the problem - it's the repetitious 'stuck needle' effect during quiet periods of play that irritates me. The sound sample they've used for the crowd is only about 3-5 seconds long and you can hear it cycling over and over.

However, if you say the sound is a lot better in the full version, I'm guessing they must've fixed it. I'm sure you'd have noticed it after playing a few games if they hadn't corrected the problem.

It's back on my shopping list
Old 06-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
PC version. It's not the lack of oomph that's the problem - it's the repetitious 'stuck needle' effect during quiet periods of play that irritates me. The sound sample they've used for the crowd is only about 3-5 seconds long and you can hear it cycling over and over.

However, if you say the sound is a lot better in the full version, I'm guessing they must've fixed it. I'm sure you'd have noticed it after playing a few games if they hadn't corrected the problem.

It's back on my shopping list
I compared the full version to the PS2 version, which has very poor sound effects. I didn't notice any huge differences between the PC demo and the full game however. But if you're getting the PC version, you can rest assure that the game's easily modded, I'm sure there will be additional sound-effects eventually by modders. I think the same applies for the PS2 and Xbox version, if you have a modified console. I'm waiting for my Xbox version to arrive, I'll know for sure how the sound is on that version when I get it.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #73
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I'd like to pretend to understand the appeal of Consolevania, but I just can't. I watched part of an episode once, and it just seems to consist of a whole load of really bad jokes. Which would be OK, but I was there to find out about games rather than watch a crude sketch that had nothing to do with them .

Maybe I'm just crazy.
Yeah you're crazy.

Click on Downloads and get Episode 2.6 for the Sensi review.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #74
Squeaky

Thanks, Crimson. You're right about the modding thing - didn't occur to me. And I can always turn down the crowd volume a little if there's no other option. Think I'll pick it up some time this week.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:17 AM   #75

In the demo...

does anyone have the bug where you can curl it from wide and it has a glich and the ball jerks like half a foot in game terms to the keep like it just flashed into his heads in making him save it

cuz that be wack...im about to score a magical goal and the ball changed in a non possible phsyical relation to the world rules and the keeper saves that ish.

and is this the same in the full game?

thankss if you can clear that up
Old 06-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #76

Sorry to say, it does occure in the full game. Most of the bugs in the pc demo still exists in the full version. However, there's some heavy modifying going on at the official codemasters forums, I advice you to check out what's been fixed already.

Surprisingly easy to mod, this game. For now there are AI patches and camera patch, to zoom the camera out and make it more stable. As well as the obvious correct name patch.

There's also already been a program to let you fix kits and names on the PC very quickly. The Sensible Soccer community is really a hard working bunch of fans.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:22 AM   #77

yea fans love it LOL

let me know if their is a patch to fix that - cuz it really irks me.