You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Sensible Soccer Is Back!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 04:04 PM   #41
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Z
Set for April release?
Where does it say so?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #42

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/1346/Sensible-Soccer/

Says 2nd Quarter

April-July release
Old 02-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #43
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I got a new e-mail from Codemasters today. That told some new info about the game and Codemasters has released a bunch of new screenshots.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/games/?gameid=1846

They have opened an official forum now:
http://community.codemasters.com/for...play.php?f=289

Quote:
Sensible Soccer's back this summer; spectacular goals with loads of after-touch, fast and furious speed, brilliant sliding tackles, zoomed-out camera so you can see more of the action, and everything else that made the original such an instant classic.

So, for those that don't know, what is Sensible Soccer?

When it first appeared in 1992 it heralded a new age in football-gaming, perfectly combining fantastically-frantic gameplay with an all-encompassing view of the game (both on and off the pitch), daft British humour and some little men with big pixilated heads.

Made for such classic platforms as the Amiga, Atari ST, Super Nintendo and Sega Megadrive Sensible Soccer meant an unhealthy obsession in beating your best mates' teams, trying to find the 'sweet spot' (just to the right of the goal) where every shot, with a bit of curl, would go in, and having to buy a new joystick/joypad on a regular basis simply because you'd destroy them with the sheer amount of gaming.

And now with the new game, it can mean this all over again - apart from the sweet spot of course, advancing technologies has taken care of that!

I'm guessing that they will release this before or during the World Cup.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #44

...this game looks...

AWESOME!

check out the first vid: Sensible Soccer IS back!

...and so is the lovely themesong from swos! (not the one from '98)
Old 04-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #45

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

The reason Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution) doesn't have all the real player names is because they can't buy the FIFA license. Electronic Arts has an exclusive agreement with FIFA where they are the ONLY company that can use the FIFA license, which means Konami has to try to license all the leagues and players individually. That's far more expensive and difficult than just licensing FIFA and getting everything. They're slowly working at it though -- they have the FIFpro license, which means 95% of the players in the game have their real names. They also have the Dutch, Italian, and Spanish leagues fully licensed, and Arsenal and Chelsea are licensed in the newest game as well.

But yes, WE/PES is leaps and bounds better than FIFA in gameplay (and animations too, in my opinion). In fact, I was reading a review of the new FIFA World Cup game on IGN, and the reviewer talked about how FIFA had just stolen a lot of things directly out of WE in an effort to improve their gameplay (which is a good idea).
Old 06-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #46

So, has anyone tried the demo yet? Both the Xbox, PC and PS2 demo is out, and I've played the last two (PC and PS2). And it's excellent! Fantastic game, you really have FUN when you play this game!

I can't wait for the final game... there are a few niggles in the demos (moreso in the PS2 demo because it's from an earlier build than the PC demo) that are confirmed to have been fixed/changed in the review build which again can be slightly different from the final build. I even got my wife into the game, and while we played ISS Pro Evolution on the PS1, I haven't got her into a soccer game ever since. But it took Sensi Soccer 2006 to do it.

It seems to be making a very good impression on gamers too, so hopefully we will see a Sensible World of Soccer 07 next year. Sensible Soccer is very good, but Sensible World of Soccer is a world ahead.

That said, I think Sensi 2006 is better than the original Sensible Soccers, though not as good as Sensible World of Soccer.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #47
Squeaky

I just played it then. A lot of fun for sure, and it's so nice not to have to cock around with set plays etc. Pretty much just passing, shooting and old school after-touch .

My first impression is that it's an excellent uncomplicated diversion, but I'm not convinced it'll be an essential purchase.

Though I'm almost certain my position will change as soon as I get swept up in World Cup fever next week.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #48

I'd say the extremely low price makes it an essential purchase (£14.99 for PC version and £17.99 for PS2/Xbox version at Play.com).
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #49

I' ve played the demo and it... feels like the old amiga dayz My enthusiasm about sport games is back. Tiny players, aftertouch, big heads my kind of footie game and for that price is a bargain.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:26 AM   #50
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I played the demo, I had lots of trouble to even start it because Codemasters had done really crappy coding with the game, GeForce 6600GT caused some problems because it isn't officially supported by the game, crazy...

The game felt ok, but still a little meh. I won't be buying it, I'm disappointed by the problems that the game caused with my comp.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:50 AM   #51
capsized.

I've *got* to try it. Needless to say, thanks to the possibilty to create my own tournaments and cups (that and DosBox), I'm playing plenty "Sensible Soccer" these days.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:55 AM   #52
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
I'd say the extremely low price makes it an essential purchase (£14.99 for PC version and £17.99 for PS2/Xbox version at Play.com).
Having played the demo a few more times, I'm now a full convert. The mechanics are simple and tight, and I had a lot more fun flogging the Argentines than I've had in any football sim since the early 90s

The nostalgic gameplay is a definite winner as far as I'm concerned (I swear the aftertouch actually brought a tear to my eye). It's officially on my shopping list.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:03 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
I've *got* to try it. Needless to say, thanks to the possibilty to create my own tournaments and cups (that and DosBox), I'm playing plenty "Sensible Soccer" these days.
You've tried playing Sensi online? Go to www.sensiblesoccer.de and find the details on how to do it. It's really easy.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #54

This piece of information is priceless CrimsonBlue... Thanks

Games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, World of Warcraft
Music: Laurent Garnier - Restrospective, Squarepusher - Hello Everything
Movies: Terry Gilliam - Tideland
Old 06-12-2006, 06:26 AM   #55

LOL i have the demo, if anyone wants to play online let us know, i should buy the full game thursday, give us a review and low down on the full version since the demo only shows you very little.

thanks
Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #56

There's no online mode in SS06. Unfortunately.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 AM   #57

still do you have the full version lplease REVIEW IT
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #58

You can check reviews around the internet. The reactions are mixed, from top score to average at best. Personally, I think it's great fun. It's got a few bugs, but nothing gamebreaking for me. I recommend it, if you go into it with an open mind and don't expect a SWOS with updated graphics.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:07 AM   #59
Squeaky

About the only thing that really irritated me about the demo was the crowd noise during normal play. I started to find it really grating - the sound looping every few seconds was very noticeable. It may be too much to hope, but was this changed before final release?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #60

I've played the demo. It remains a fun party game! The only problem was that it was too easy... I scored 2 goals in the first game and 5 in the second. It probably was set to easy. Does the full game have more options?