Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Uwe's next movie: Postal 2 (weeeee!!!) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/11431-uwes-next-movie-postal-2-weeeee.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 10-24-2005 12:54 PM

Uwe's next movie: Postal 2 (weeeee!!!)

Quote:

Infamous Film Director Uwe Boll Signs Suicide Pact with Game Developer Running With Scissors
Tucson, AZ Start firing those AK-47s into the air because POSTAL (http://www.gopostal.com/), the game franchise that politicians, parents groups, countless cowardly reviewers and over a dozen sovereign nations don't want you to play has just become the latest game to make the transition to the big screen.

Running with Scissors (RWS), the world's most dangerous software company, has signed an appropriately apocalyptic deal with renegade filmmaker Uwe Boll (http://www.boll-kg.de/) to bring the most controversial franchise in gaming history to the screen in all its blood-drenched, ironic glory.

Despite everyone from Steven Spielberg to Microsoft announcing big money deals involving films based on video games, this new partnership between controversial figures in the game and film industries is destined to become the most incendiary game-to-film deal yet.

"Uwe Boll is the perfect producer-director to make POSTAL," affirmed Running With Scissors' CEO Vince Desi. "He understands the subject matter and has an appreciation and affinity for controversy and political incorrectness. POSTAL has always been about reason and insanity, violence and motivation; producer-director Uwe Boll is simply the right guy to bring that vision to the screen."
Uwe Boll is simply the right guy to bring that vsion to the screen? Heh, I can't even think of wasting my energy to laugh at this.

Okay, guys. On your mark.....get set....... RANT!!!! :P

squarejawhero 10-24-2005 12:57 PM

No, because he's perfect for a movie about a waste-of-space game. I'd say its the best move they could've done.

RLacey 10-24-2005 02:09 PM

I agree with squarejaw here. A crap movie for a crap game is fine by me.

Orange Brat 10-24-2005 03:26 PM

...or better yet a good to great movie for a crap game. It can happen for book to movie so why not game to movie? Just because it's a game adaptation doesn't mean it can't be good, and if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Zack 10-24-2005 08:08 PM

I will say one thing:

THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS IDEA FOR A VIDEO-GAME MOVIE ADAPTATION THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD OF!.:r I mean what's the appeal of a movie that's about a postal worker that goes insane?.:crazy:

Uwe Boll is one strange person, in my opinion. There, I've said it. Please feel to burn me at the stake for saying this, but I had to let everyone know how my reaction to this post was.

Glenn Epic 10-24-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack
I will say one thing:

THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS IDEA FOR A VIDEO-GAME MOVIE ADAPTATION THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD OF!.:r I mean what's the appeal of a movie that's about a postal worker that goes insane?.:crazy:

Uwe Boll is one strange person, in my opinion. There, I've said it. Please feel to burn me at the stake for saying this, but I couldn't help it.

I doubt anyone will burn you at the stake downtalking Uwa Boll.

vivasawadee 10-24-2005 09:28 PM

Uwe and Postal go hand in hand. Maybe that has been the problem with Uwe, he's been doing movies of good games. Now how about this formula:

Uwe (crap director) + Postal (crap FPS) = Brilliant movie

Or maybe not

Tanukitsune 10-24-2005 11:32 PM

This is odd, why pick a game that wasn't even that popular?

Maybe the popular franchise don't wan't him to spoil thier "good" name?:P

Crunchy in milk 10-25-2005 03:19 AM

http://members.optushome.com.au/crun...s/lg_paint.gif

Kolorabi 10-25-2005 06:24 AM

Postal 2 was great, though. Seriously.

I couldn't care less about this movie, though, and I'm not interested in most other game-related movies either - I learned my lesson with Wing Commander, and unlike every gaming site ever, I'm not going to repeat past mistakes over and over again.

RLacey 10-25-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Brat
...or better yet a good to great movie for a crap game. It can happen for book to movie so why not game to movie? Just because it's a game adaptation doesn't mean it can't be good, and if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Well, yes, a good or great movie would be nice, but this is Postal we're talking about. I genuinely can't think of a single film-worthy aspect of it.

pleto4_ryan 10-25-2005 11:30 AM

Wow, first "Doom" and now "Postal".

They sure aim for creativity and art.:9

Karmillo 10-25-2005 11:40 AM

I dont see whats wrong with Postal2...I thought it was a great game. :D

But if it stars bruce willis then i dont think even Uwe Ball could ruin it....I hope :frown:

Tanukitsune 10-26-2005 02:13 AM

A public announcement...:P

Tobbe 10-26-2005 03:25 AM

I love this man, great ideas, but shitty movies! But I think he knows they´re shitty, just makes fun of them..

Kolzig 10-26-2005 11:46 AM

Yeah, I agree with many people on this thread.

Postal is like made just for Uwe Boll. He is perfect for it. A total crap director for a crap movie.
But I feel sorry for those people who will waste money to see this film, there are always those uninformed people who will.

SamandMax 10-28-2005 09:33 AM

This movie is just going to be one big long poop joke.

Karmillo 10-28-2005 03:07 PM

From their main site
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopostal.com
RWS Has just signed a deal with infamous German film director Uwe Boll to inflict POSTAL on Hollywood! That's right, UWE BOLL. Got a problem with that? Tough shit. In what may well be a unique twist, RWS will be intimately involved in the creative side of the production, consulting on the script and bitchslapping Uwe on a daily basis to ensure that the cinematic version of POSTAL lives up to the insane hilarity of the original.

But I have to wonder if those guys really liked his films :frusty:

SakSquash 10-28-2005 03:25 PM

I kinda liked the game. Mindless fun doing things you'd never do in real life. Loading screens sucked though.

Orange Brat 10-28-2005 07:42 PM

Dungeon Siege details have emerged:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6136825.html

He's taking the Kill Bill route...releasing it in two parts next Nov. and Dec. The full title is, "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale". He's doing this to spare the distributors. Boll says it will be a grand epic and very long.

Anyway, it's costing $60 million and somehow he has yet again come up with a decent cast:

Jason Statham (Snatch, The One)
Ray Liotta (Goodfellas, Narc)
Burt Reynolds (Deliverance, Smokey and the Bandit)
Leelee Sobieski (Here on Earth, Joy Ride)
John Rhys-Davies (The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Raiders of the Lost Ark)
Ron Perlman (Hellboy, City of Lost Children)
Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, BloodRayne)
Matthew Lillard (Scream, Wing Commander)

I agree with what someone else said....the man needs to become a full time producer. He is said to be a friendly charmer, and despite the dreck he creates, he seems to get the big bucks and bigger names to sign on, however he can't direct worth a hoot.