You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I've decided to get Xbox 360

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 07:16 AM   #1
Banned User

Default I've decided to get Xbox 360

I'm going to call gamestop right now and see if they're taking preorders on xbox360. If they are, it must be a sign from the gods that I must get one, and thus I will.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
Banned User

Well, that solves that....
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
Chris Barraclough

Take it they aren't then? Maybe you should take it as a sign that you should order it from someone else.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:24 AM   #4
Banned User

Like where?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
merely human

Don't have the link, but there have been news in the past few days that MS had to cut the planned amount of 360s shipped worldwide. I think the total now is something like 1.3 million, with North America getting the largest amount of consoles, then Europe, then Japan. Already many stores have stopped taking pre-orders, and there's talk of people planning on turning around and re-selling their 360s for a ridiculously higher price to desparate tools willing to pay.

I'm not surprised by all this. I'm planning to get it myself after all the crap has settled down, probably sometime in Febrary next year.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Don't have the link, but there have been news in the past few days that MS had to cut the planned amount of 360s shipped worldwide. I think the total now is something like 1.3 million, with North America getting the largest amount of consoles, then Europe, then Japan. Already many stores have stopped taking pre-orders, and there's talk of people planning on turning around and re-selling their 360s for a ridiculously higher price to desparate tools willing to pay.

I'm not surprised by all this. I'm planning to get it myself after all the crap has settled down, probably sometime in Febrary next year.
I think you are looking for this No 360's

Tempscars, you can always buy it from me on Ebay for 2000 dollars

Firefox rules
Old 10-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
Banned User

I did it! Got it at an ebgames the next town over. Thing is, I won't get it on the day it comes out, but I will get it before Christmas according to them. Hopefully i'll still be here (in school) when that happens, or it'll be a long drive from home to get it (3 hours).

I put $300 down on the premium package. I didn't get a game though, because i'm not too thrilled with any of the launch titles, and the ones I am thrilled with I plan on getting for PC. But we'll see once reviews start flowing in. I have my eye on the Ghost Recon game and that game called Gun.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I did it! Got it at an ebgames the next town over. Thing is, I won't get it on the day it comes out, but I will get it before Christmas according to them. Hopefully i'll still be here (in school) when that happens, or it'll be a long drive from home to get it (3 hours).

I put $300 down on the premium package. I didn't get a game though, because i'm not too thrilled with any of the launch titles, and the ones I am thrilled with I plan on getting for PC. But we'll see once reviews start flowing in. I have my eye on the Ghost Recon game and that game called Gun.
You did not get the wireless controller and the harddrive and the HD cables? Are you nuts?

Firefox rules
Old 10-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
You did not get the wireless controller and the harddrive and the HD cables? Are you nuts?
He said he put $300 down on the premium package, not the core package.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 10-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
He said he put $300 down on the premium package, not the core package.
Oh sorry, I thought he payed that much for the console. Wow 300 down? My EBGames took 50 dollars down about 4 months back.

Firefox rules
Old 10-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #11

Why not just go to a retail store like Best Buy...they usually don't take pre-orders.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:01 PM   #12
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_Tyagi
Why not just go to a retail store like Best Buy...they usually don't take pre-orders.
There's no way i'd get through those lines in time.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #13
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

I Pro-order when it first time when it was announces so I am happy with my Order of the Xbox 360
Old 10-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #14

Quote:
There's no way i'd get through those lines in time.
What you do is you stay outside the store early in the morning 4-5 am and wait for the place to open. (bring food, drinks, books and games to keep you occupied)
Old 10-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #15
Banned User

Quote:
What you do is you stay outside the store early in the morning 4-5 am and wait for the place to open. (bring food, drinks, books and games to keep you occupied)
Oh man I totally wanted to! I've never bought a console at launch before and I figured this time I would get to do the whole spend the night outside of a store thing, but nahhh, they'll just call me, let me know it's in, and i'll go get it. Kinda anti-climatic.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #16

You can still do it...nothing to stop you, heck turn it into a tailgate type thing, take your car and a grill and have a BBQ in the parking lot.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #17
Banned User

Hahah. I don't have a car. Nah, i'll just stick with what i've got. Like I said, i'm in no hurry to play the launch games, so I can wait an extra month.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 PM   #18
merely human

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh man I totally wanted to! I've never bought a console at launch before and I figured this time I would get to do the whole spend the night outside of a store thing, but nahhh, they'll just call me, let me know it's in, and i'll go get it. Kinda anti-climatic.
You can still do it...nothing to stop you, heck turn it into a tailgate type thing, take your car and a grill and have a BBQ in the parking lot.
Hahah. I don't have a car. Nah, i'll just stick with what i've got. Like I said, i'm in no hurry to play the launch games, so I can wait an extra month.
What is this?! Some kind of weird console geek rite of passage?!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #19

what good is a console without a game to play on it?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #20
merely human

Oh don't worry. The games are a'comin'....