You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Biggest Accomplishment You've Ever Accomplished in Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
SamNMax

Default Biggest Accomplishment You've Ever Accomplished in Gaming

You know. Those secrets that were impossible to unlock. That challenge of very hard mode that you couldn't resist. These are the things that you were able to overcome and come out the victor.

For me, this was beating Mortal Kombat II on very hard. I was drenched in sweat and tension after defeating Shang Sung and Kintaro, but the epic battle had just begun. After pumbling Shao Kahn with hat throws from Kung Lao, the moment of truth had came. Kahn had one round, and I had another. We both had a shrivel of health left, and one hit would do us in. I waited for him to make the first move. He threw a spear at me. Rookie mistake. I quickly teleported, dodging the arrow and ending up right behind him. He was quick. He antisipated my surprise move and was ready to throw a punch. Then, faster than the speed of light, I made my move. The hat throw. Whoever got the first shot was walking away Mortal Kombat champion. As fate would have it, we both hit at the same time. However, Kahn shifted to the center of the screen. A light began to grow inside him, and then he exploded into stone right there.

It felt like Christmas.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
gin soaked boy

I finished Zuma Deluxe. Go ahead, try it.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Finishing the two Octigi towards the end of Stranger's Wrath WITHOUT the cheat...

To explain: Very early in the game I switched to using an invincibility cheat because I wanted to explore more than play, though I mostly played as though my life depended on it - the reason I switched on the cheat was because the first 'boss' was coming up and I had an ungood feeling in my gut... no more than that.

Anyway, after I finished the game that way I decided to go back and finish it without the cheat. The first thing I noticed is that I was completely paranoid, and the first boss wasn't hard at all. So I felt a bit stupid there. But there were a couple of bosses which were nuts to do, especially being attacked by two Octigi...

*shudders*

Oh, and they gave me nightmares. Lovely creatures. <3
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-07-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

Some records in "Need For Speed Porsche" online multiplayer-mode, like setting the world record in some of the more classic car-classes in driving the Alps track, and being known as 'The King of Stock'.
Also some crazy scores in "Track & Field" on the C=64 (was a good practice for Fahrenheit!), and my Kayaking time in "Summer Games II".

Edit: Oh, and setting a ~6:35 on Nürburgring in a Porsche 911 GT1 in "Project Gotham Racing 2" wasn't bad either.

Last edited by BoyToy; 10-07-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #5
OUATIJ Creator

Well, honestly, bargaining with a guy for the Tellurian Veteran Master I pet in Everquest II and getting it. To this day (and this was back in December of last year) another hasn't dropped on the server. I still talk to a guy that plays who was also a Conjuror and wanted that pet so bad, but none have dropped. Basically I was the coolest Conjuror on my server until I hit LVL 47, then I decided to quit because...as you can see...I was taking it too seriously.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I became VERY good at Dead or Alive, I could beat it on the hardest level with a "perfect" every battle...

The only reason I did this was becuase I wanted to see the endings after changing the game a few times, I emailed Tecmo who told me the endings were removed from the PAL edition....
Old 10-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
The only reason I did this was becuase I wanted to see the endings after changing the game a few times, I emailed Tecmo who told me the endings were removed from the PAL edition....
Bummer.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
Hoopy frood

Mine is definitely recently beating the arcade edition of Mortal Kombat II. SamNMax, I can seriously see where you're coming from. MKII is amazingly hard, even on Very Easy, at least until you practice enough to get your timing down pat. I was super-psyched when I simply beat the game on Very Easy, and then I moved up to Easy, then Medium. I'm still trying to get a formula down for winning without using all of my continues on Medium (I play SNES, so I get like five), but I'm able to beat MKII arcade, like I said, so that oughtta count for something. MKII is simply so satisfying when you beat it. You feel special. Now if only you could perform a fatality on Shao Kahn. Personally, I'd rather see him die to Kung Lao's hat slice than merely exploding, but that's just me...
Old 10-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #9
A Servicable Villain

I'm still proud of some very difficult levels in Dungeon Keeper, but other than that I tend to shy away from games I know to be too difficult. Although accomplishments can also be simply amazing things that have nothing to do with difficulty.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #10
Just charging up

I've got a list of 3:

1) Completing Deus Ex without killing anyone (apart from the part were "words will never hurt me" didn't quite work, sorry Ghunter )

2) Completing Sin before any patches were out! (Now, that dedication! Or just being stubborn...)

3) Completing Super Monkey Ball 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #11
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Hmm...

I one of those guys who will mess around with a game's engine for hours on end, just so I can come up with something cool usually involving a glitch. We usually call these things "tricks" and I capture it on flim.

So on Halo 2, my friend and I spent a horrendous amount of time launching a ghost on a normally inaccessible tower in the middle of a lake on a giant level. We eventually conquered it with a total of like...what was it...6 hours straight, none stop? Wow, it was hard, but worth it. I'll supply the link.

Here it is: http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=41652
Old 10-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #12
Master of time and space

Mine would be Zelda 2 on the nintendo 8-bit. Just getting to the final boss was a feat in itself... still I finally did it and beat him up. I never did understand what the final boss was suppose to be. "He" sure wasn't Ganon...
Old 10-10-2005, 12:22 AM   #13
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

My greatest accomplishment this year is getting killed 30-odd times in a 15 minute online game of Battlefield 2. I'm real good at it!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #14
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
My greatest accomplishment this year is getting killed 30-odd times in a 15 minute online game of Battlefield 2. I'm real good at it!
I have accomplished the same thing in cs 1.6, mayby we should play against each other, then we wouldn´t feel so crap..
Old 10-10-2005, 12:37 AM   #15
I'm complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manelius
I have accomplished the same thing in cs 1.6, mayby we should play against each other, then we wouldn´t feel so crap..
Hmm... let me think about it...

NAH!!

I'm done with FPS.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #16
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
Hmm... let me think about it...

NAH!!

I'm done with FPS.

Alraight, but PM me if you get a feeling to start FPS:ing again! We would make a HELLUVA team!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 AM   #17
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

There's nothing quite like single handedly taking out the entire opposing team in Counter-Strike. Mind you, I think I've only ever managed it once...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #18
I'm complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
There's nothing quite like single handedly taking out the entire opposing team in Counter-Strike. Mind you, I think I've only ever managed it once...
/note to self: do not play CS with anyone whose nick closely resemble "RLacey".
Old 10-11-2005, 06:27 AM   #19
Party On Dudes

i beat Viewtiful Joe (the first one) on every difficulty level. i don't know anyone else who has done this. i felt very proud.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #20
Just charging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
i beat Viewtiful Joe (the first one) on every difficulty level. i don't know anyone else who has done this. i felt very proud.
SCRUGAtes13, I salute you!
Í could just barely make it through Adult alive (with controllers intact that is).
I gave up about halfway on Viewtiful. Those stylish graphics distract me