You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #361
merely human

Mass Effect Gets Street Date | GayGamer.net, 3/28/07

Quote:
This one's short and sweet, sports fans.

If you've been dreaming of the day you can hunker down with the hunky lead [or the sweet looking babe lead, up to you] of Mass Effect, you can now circle a day on your calendar: BioWare's space opera RPG for the Xbox 360 hits the stores on June 5, 2007. Look forward to hours and hours of making tough choices and exploring the universe on a daring quest to...you know, to do space stuff.

That's all. What, you were expecting maybe Jackie Gleason? Feh, you kids today...

Mass Effect Xbox360 Dated [GamersReports]
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #362
DAVE

Pow Right In The Kisser
Old 03-29-2007, 01:21 AM   #363

Please note that there is NO official release date confirmed on the bioware foums. However, here is some info: http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums...6676&forum=104

And here's some more info about Mass Effect:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums...6619&forum=104

This is about some new info about the classes in Mass Effect.

NB:
There is also a new link to an interview with Casey H. at gamespy.com
Old 04-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #364
merely human

'Mysterious Transmission'

Quicktime HD version | Windows Media HD version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Earthborn,

I'm sending you this distress transmission in hopes that you can be empowered with the knowledge of an endless cycle of extinction that has affected the galaxy for eons. Every 50,000 years an ancient machine race returns and with ruthless and brutal efficiency, wipes out all advanced organic life - leaving behind only the scattered remains of the preview civilization and its technology, while destroying all evidence of their own existence.

Few believe this ancient legend. However, after viewing the short communication enclosed on this optical storage device (OSD), our hope is that you will come to realize that this legend is true. You alone can break this vicious cycle. Billions of lives are at stake.

In the coming months, please be prepared to hear from me again. There are many other developments that you need to be aware of and I will serve as our channel for any future updates.

Prepare yourself...

Unsigned
source: Kotaku.com, 4/6/07
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #365
merely human

Three new screens from Xboxyde. Click here for high def large versions.

That version Commander Shepard reminds me of one of the models I worked with back in art school where I studied fashion design, his name was John Harris. Pretty cool guy, I remember, and very professional.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #366
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
That version Commander Shepard reminds me of one of the models I worked with back in art school where I studied fashion design, his name was John Harris. Pretty cool guy, I remember, and very professional.
Was John a nude model? If yes this thread needs more pics or sketches
Old 04-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #367
merely human

LOL! Well, he could've been that too. Nah, he was strictly fashion, print and runway. But I did at one point spot him in an artfully posed nude pic on the cover of Arena (or was it Arena Homme Plus?), possibly photographed by Paolo Roversi. Actually I did see not long ago some recent pics of him in a some retail catalog - older, of course, but still very hot, if not more so.

BTW, did you watch the transmission trailer?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #368
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

BTW, did you watch the transmission trailer?
Yeah the trailer looks tasty but I don't like being teased anymore. I'm gonna ignore the trailers and "previews" and wait till its released and read the reviews. If its all good then it'll be Mass Effect time babyy
Old 04-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #369
DAVE

That sounds a lot like "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" and it makes my pants feel funny.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #370
merely human

Nice. Nothing like a funny pair of pants.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:45 AM   #371
merely human

I just realized. Mass Effect launch date is only four weeks and two days away.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:12 AM   #372
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

It's been delayed to September.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #373
gin soaked boy

Until then, feast your eyes on this lovely new video preview.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #374

ehmm --- what video preview. All I get is a bunch of commercials...

really interesting commercials, though...
Old 05-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #375
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop View Post
It's been delayed to September.
Hmm, that prompts me to seriously consider Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #376
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobsie View Post
Until then, feast your eyes on this lovely new video preview.

< faints >
Old 05-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #377
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
ehmm --- what video preview. All I get is a bunch of commercials...
Hm, it's definitely there, I checked. But fear not, you can also watch it here.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #378
merely human

Here's another short movie featuring that all terrain vehicle you get to drive. The music is pretty.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 AM   #379
Life and times of...

Hmm... I need to get a HDTV...

I can't believe it's been pushed to September... Any more delays and I won't be able to play it almost at all. (Just like Gray Matter...)
Old 05-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #380
merely human

Mass Effect: The Write Stuff - AU Interview | IGN.com, 11 May '07

Why BioWare cares deeply about fusing great gameplay with great storytelling.

Quote:
I think most BioWare fans appreciate and understand our contribution; we firmly believe a good game becomes a great game by fusing story with game play for an emotionally engaging experience.

However, across the industry most companies don't put enough emphasis on telling a good story. BioWare is one of the few companies that has full time employees dedicated entirely to writing.

Quote:
There are some other good game stories out there, but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule. I think that, overall, games haven't embraced the idea that a good story is necessary to fully engage players in the gaming experience, so there are many examples of sub-standard writing and story that have colored the general perception of game writers as "hacks".

The truth, however, is that writing for games is a very complicated and difficult skill… one that BioWare takes the time to develop in talented individuals.
Many adventure game devs seriously need to read this. Drew Karpyshyn comes from an English major background and he is NOT a freelance writer, he works full time for Bioware so he's 100% dedicated. I wish I could do that, be a full time writer with a huge amount of creative control within the company.