You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #301
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Hunter View Post
For a price of one XBox or PS3 game you can (almost) get 250GB harddrive or new processor, or two PC games..etc. Who cares about some gaming console full of boring kiddie games? Not me!
What does this post have in any way to do with Mass Effect?

Plus just an FYI, Bioware, who is making "kiddie" games for the 360, has been (and still is) porting their kiddie games to the PC.

Firefox rules
Old 02-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #302
Psychonaut

Quote:
For a price of one XBox or PS3 game you can (almost) get 250GB harddrive or new processor, or two PC games..etc. Who cares about some gaming console full of boring kiddie games? Not me!
Mass Effect = boring kiddie game

Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #303
merely human

Yeah, talk about some people being incredibly ignorant of what's available out there.

Blade Hunter, please DO NOT TROLL IN THIS COMMUNITY. We prefer to discuss intelligently and with reliable information and we do not tolerate trolling or spamming.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #304

Was I trolling? Nope. End of discussion.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #305
merely human

Well, I'm sorry if I sounded rather harsh, but seriously, here we prefer intelligent discussion with reliable information if you have a point to get across. Whenever we get trolls in here they never last long as they're either ignored or banned. This is part of what makes this community stand out from the others. I noticed you're new here, so welcome.

Now, if you want you can elaborate on how is it you think that gaming consoles only feature kiddie games. Are you a PC gaming enthusiast who tends to look down on consoles? Have you owned a console before?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #306
Super Moderator

Quote:
Then I'm a little perplexed as to why you chose to offer a contrary (and somewhat inflammatory) post about consoles in general in a thread about a specific game.

Quote:
Was I trolling? Nope. End of discussion.
It looks like trolling/flamebaiting to me and I'm here to keep big fiery arguments from happening so I would like to stick to the topic at hand which is the game Mass Effect. Thanks. And since I'm a mod, my perception of it is kind of important.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #307
merely human

I forgot to add that, if you don't already know, there's definitely a big chance that Mass Effect will make it to the PC, give or take a couple years. If I didn't already own an X360 I'd be in much pain. I've admired Bioware since I experienced Knight of The Old Republic on the first Xbox, then Jade Empire. Unfortunately I hadn't had the pleasure of playing their older games (like Neverwinter Nights, which I've only sampled via the demo), but so far I like their work. And no, I'm not a fanboy, I just like their games a lot for the quality and depth.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #308

Ok, sorry. My post was stupid. Yes, I actually have PS2 with about 15 games .Bunch of survival horror games. Now that I went through some XB360 games list, there are some really good titles, like Hitman - Blood Money, Prey, F.E.A.R., Call Of Duty 2...etc.

But now I will keep my mouth shut. You guys keep on talking about the Mass Effect.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #309
merely human

Blade Hunter

That's your welcome panning into the AG community.

Hmm, a fellow survival horror afficionado! I like you already. You'd better have at least the first 3 Silent Hills, my most favourite of the genre (I never did get into the Resident Evil games, not for me). Oh, and you know about the upcoming Bioshock for X360 and PC, right? Same good team who created System Shock 2. I cannot wait for that one!

BTW, have you played Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr (PC)? One damn good survival horror/adventure game.

< sees Melanie coming > ....

Erm, we were talking about......Mass Effect, yeah, that's it. There should be some suspenseful moments in that game, seeing as you and your teammates will be investigating [seemingly] abandoned mining communities on remote planets. But all in all it'll be pretty much an action RPG, if you don't already know.

EDIT: While we're at it, I'm waiting for a phone call but am currently playing the demo for F.E.A.R. on the 360. Have you played that one?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #310

Thanks for panning me into the AG community .

Yes, I have all of the Silent hill games and also Resident evil games. The Suffering games are also good, gory fun. Just bought game called "Cold Fear" used for PC. Bioshock looks promising and weird..heh. System Shock 2 always crashed after the training section. Even after XP patch I applied. Too bad, cause' I really wanted to play this game.

Those Blair Witch games are good too. I have played two games from that trilogy and Nocturne.

Actually I'am just playing F.E.A.R. PC version. After that i'm going to play it's expansion "Extraction Point". Pretty good game, but maybe too samey. Running around office buildings and warehouses, shooting the same enemies. There should've been more horror elements. You know, that ghost girl appearing much more and other spooky stuff.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #311
capsized.

All video games are for kids, now get the f*ck off my lawn! And welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep
Erm, we were talking about......Mass Effect, yeah, that's it.
There should be some suspenseful moments in that game,
And alien boobs! Bump-mapped! *bumps*
Old 02-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #312
merely human

Latest info:

Mass Effect Reader Q&A | IGN.com, February 23, 2007

Does “Mass Effect” fit on one disc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hudson, Project Director, BioWare
Yep, but just barely. This is a monstrous game. In fact, there was a time – not too long ago – when we pretty much scoffed at the idea of fitting onto one disc. But, there’s an art to optimizing the data that goes on a disc – plus we have a few programmers that seem to pull off magic tricks right when we need them.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #313
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I hope this will come to PC eventually, Bioware usually does that. Like Jade Empire.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 02-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #314
merely human

Click image for large version.

A little more new info:

Mass Effect Character Profile: Saren, Part Two (X360) | Gamespy.com, 2/27/07

Quote:
GameSpy: When we released the first details on Mass Effect's Saren last month, we didn't know what to expect. Could you shed some light on the current universal climate, politically, militarily, or socially, and the player's role in the game's universe and their importance to the storyline?

Drew Karpyshyn, Mass Effect Principle Writer: The current universal climate, at least from the perspective of the human race, is one of caution and skepticism. Humanity is quite new to the galactic stage, and the various races of the Citadel (the central seat of civilization in the universe) are watching us to see what we do in these early stages of our emergence. Early in the game, the player is put into the position of being the only Human Spectre - as such, he is both an elite agent that operates outside the law to maintain peace, and the star representative of mankind in the eyes of other races and species.
Looks to be the story is pretty intricate, a good deal of it will be expounded (at least as background narrative) in the novel, Revelation. But the overarching story spans all three projected games in the Mass Effect franchise.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #315
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Oh, look at that screenshot... I get shivers down my back looking at it.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #316
gin soaked boy

There will be two novels, Revelation and Revolution.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:51 AM   #317
merely human

Good gawd, do they actually expect us to catch up on our reading before the game launches? I still need to inch my way through Bernard Lewis's The Assassins: A Radical Sect in Islam as background research for playing Assassin's Creed.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #318
gin soaked boy

Wait till they hit us with Resolution and Renovation.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #319
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

I'm very eager to play the game, but no way am I reading trashy sci-fi to prepare for it.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #320
Wading down the amazon

Send a message via MSN to makini

Well what can one say - there's nothing but credit to the Bioware team for the graphics. But what happened to that old Baldur's Gate spirit? *BOOM* And thats just too darn bad.