You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2005, 06:37 AM   #1

Default Kingdom Hearts

I'm really enjoying this game at the moment.

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection
I'm really enjoying this game at the moment.

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2.
How far into it are you?
Whilst this is a very enjoyable game, I really feel that some of the bosses are way harder than they need to be!
I abandoned this game about halfway through it and gave it to my brother, who managed to play through all the way to the final fight against Ansem.
I helped him on a couple of the later boss fights, but Ansem is wayyy hard and we can't find any way to defeat him at the moment
Old 09-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

The only boss I found really difficult was Ursula. A few of the Colloseum bosses can be tough if you decided to go all the way, but there is so much satisfaction in beating them.

Kingdom Hearts is probably my favorite PS2 game. I am so excited about KH2, and am thrilled to death that the theme is being performed by Utada Hikaru again.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 09-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

I'm on the boos fight with Riku after you fight Malifecent when she turns into a dragon.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
How far into it are you?
Whilst this is a very enjoyable game, I really feel that some of the bosses are way harder than they need to be!
I abandoned this game about halfway through it and gave it to my brother, who managed to play through all the way to the final fight against Ansem.
I helped him on a couple of the later boss fights, but Ansem is wayyy hard and we can't find any way to defeat him at the moment
I'm at the Olympus Coliseum, just defeated Cloud and Cerberus. Now I can't pass the 'Set time limit' battle. I run out of time at around the end of the 7th Seed. Any cheats/tips to stop the time?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:18 AM   #6
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
I'm at the Olympus Coliseum, just defeated Cloud and Cerberus. Now I can't pass the 'Set time limit' battle. I run out of time at around the end of the 7th Seed. Any cheats/tips to stop the time?
Come back later when you have gained a few levels?

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 09-26-2005, 05:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
Come back later when you have gained a few levels?
That would take ages though! I have to fight those monkeys at the Jungle I guess. I'm currently at Level 29.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 AM   #8
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

I loved this game! (Although I didn't finish it). I was at the end trying to just level up and get all of the mystery goos and gems I needed for the ultima weapon or something like that, and just gave up. I can't wait for the second one though.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:20 AM   #9

It was too damn hard for me. I simply gave up.

I did like it a lot while I was playing, though. But the hard bosses just wasn't justified by the rest of the game.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:13 AM   #10
Friendly Server Admin

I loved the game, and the bosses seemed just fine to me. I can see how they would be hard if you tried to rush the game, rather than leveling characters and upgrading items, though. A new keyblade makes a lot of different

My one big complaint about the game (other than the fact that it's only for PS2, which I don't have) was that some of the locations were sort of underwhelming. the Alice in Wonderland level, for example, could have been a lot better. The forest is the main culprit. There were so many cool locations in Alice in Wonderland... where were they?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:18 AM   #11

Yeah, I thought the underwater world wasn't that great either although Ursula was quite impressive. I think out of all the worlds Hundred Acre Wood and Alladdin were the best.

I'm currently in Hollow Bastian, trying to finish the game before the sequel.

I didn't like the Gummi ships- am I alone on this one?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:20 AM   #12
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat
Yeah, I thought the underwater world wasn't that great either although Ursula was quite impressive. I think out of all the worlds Hundred Acre Wood and Alladdin were the best.

I'm currently in Hollow Bastian, trying to finish the game before the sequel.

I could never figure out how to build/upgrade the Gummi ships correctly. It was hard to see exactly how the pieces were fitting on. My favorite world was Halloween Town. I love Halloween stuff, and I loved the outfits Donald, Goofy, and Sora changed into for that one.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #13
cows are my friends...

I couldn't get past the crappy camera and controls. I got lost in the Alice in Wonderland world near the begining and gave up. Too bad, it looked pretty sweet.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #14
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
That would take ages though! I have to fight those monkeys at the Jungle I guess. I'm currently at Level 29.

You're at level 29 in the jungle?!!?

When I left my brother in Prague, I'm sure he was like level 18, I think!
But by that point he had defeated Maleficent and Riku, and was possibly on the very last Boss fight - against Ansem!
This is one way tough battle - I was hoping he would finish it before I left but as far as I know he's still getting his ass kicked!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat
It was a bit confusing at first building and upgrading the Gummi ships but I've so far added laser, bombs etc to it.

Quote:
You're at level 29 in the jungle?!!?

When I left my brother in Prague, I'm sure he was like level 18, I think!
But by that point he had defeated Maleficent and Riku, and was possibly on the very last Boss fight - against Ansem!
This is one way tough battle - I was hoping he would finish it before I left but as far as I know he's still getting his ass kicked!!!
Yeah. I spent ages levelling up. I just beat Yuffie and Leon in the Pegasus Cup, on my second attempt. Beat Yuffie first, then went after Leon.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #16
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I don't think that this is a bad game, but it certainly isn't great - the camera angles are very annoying, especially when you're in the middle of a typical near-impossible boss fight. Even when you lock on to the target you still find yourself running around in circles in order to get a decent view of the enemy

With regard to the Gummi ship - there's absolutely no need for those annoying segments where you fly through space and have to shoot things to collect upgrades! You can complete the game with the standard Gummi ship

I had great hopes for this game when I first heard about it - you get to meet Tarzan and Hercules and Jack Skellington - how cool is that??
As it was a Squaresoft game I was hoping for some turn-based rpg-style combat.
Unfortunately the game turned out to be an action platform style game with rpg elements.

Pretty disappointing imo

And, you can't skip the cutscenes, which may not sound that bad, but when you die like 5 times during a boss battle those cutscenes do tend to become a little frustrating
Old 09-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #17

Anyone played Kingdom Hearts on the GBA?

Quote:
I don't think that this is a bad game, but it certainly isn't great - the camera angles are very annoying, especially when you're in the middle of a typical near-impossible boss fight. Even when you lock on to the target you still find yourself running around in circles in order to get a decent view of the enemy

And, you can't skip the cutscenes, which may not sound that bad, but when you die like 5 times during a boss battle those cutscenes do tend to become a little frustrating
I agree with the camera angles. It can get a bit annoying. Just defeated Oogie Boogie or whatever his name is. I had to lock on to him, then those damn Heartless show up.

Fighting Yuffie and Leon on your own in the Pegasus Cup is damn hard.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:06 PM   #18
Friendly Server Admin

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was total crap. What the hell was with the stupid card system? Argh.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #19

God, the 'Set time battle' in the Pegasus Cup is tough.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:45 AM   #20

Me and my younger sister teamed up at the game; both are roleplaying/adventuregame entustiatics, so we always do that My sister has a great talent with platformlike games so she took care of most of the harder bosses( like the timers and the platinium match). Ansem wasn't a problem since we leveled up Sora to lv. 99.

I liked it. It had a decent story and graphics, the gameplay was okey, and it was fun to meet many of the ff characters again. (I've played ff5, ff8, ff10, ff10-2, and have just started on ff7.)

I eagerly await KH2. It's a bit disapointed that they will bring us back to some of the same areas we visited last time( like Agrabah), but otherwise it sounds good.