You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Any PDA software suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Default Any PDA software suggestions?

Hi, just recently I broke down and got myself a PDA, and I was wondering if anybody out there has any suggestions software-wise that I could look into.

I've already got Pocket ScummVM, so no worries there (although I really wish there was a Pocket AGS...)

I'm also on the lookout for an art program for the PDA, preference on something that has a Zoom grid, and solid color choices (no rainbow).

Thanks in advance.

Bob
Old 08-26-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Do you have a Palm or a Pocket PC?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #3

I have a Pocket PC, the Ipaq hw6515. I have the same request as he has. ScummVM is a given already although I can't get it to play Broken Sword very well - presumably because of the 240*240 pixels screen.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

When you say software do you actually mean games? There are free programs that allows you to run Doom and Quake on your PPC if you own the PC versions, whilst if you're prepared to pay you can get Atlantis 3, Myst and Gilbert Goodmate.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

As long as we're talking Pocket PC games, this first-person adventure game called FADE. It's gotten some pretty high marks by reviewers. Here are some screenshots:

There is also another 1st-person adventure called Black Core Logic that's made in the same style, but by a different developer. I don't know what people think about it. Screens:

Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

You do know there is Pocket Sarien as well, right?
Old 08-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #7
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Well it uses Pocket PC programs & the OS is Windows Mobil 2003 (and I'll get 2005 for free in October). Its a Dell Axim X50.

In general, I'm just looking for good games & game recommedations. I'm also on the lookout for good utlities (art program specifically, would be nice).

As for running Broken Sword on ScummVM Pocket, I assume you've D/L'd the movie files as well, right? Because if you haven't that'd explain your trouble.

(ScummVM can play BS1 & BS2, but it needs additional movie files found on the ScummVM website.)

SW
I also assume you've looked into the ScummVM Readme, regarding conversion of audio files & how to deal with multi-disk games.

Last edited by Sky Warrior Bob; 08-27-2005 at 08:46 AM.