You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Blazing Dragon's Review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Banned User

Default Blazing Dragon's Review

I really disagree with the Blazing Dragon's review, as giving it four stars is like saying it's a good game. (ha ha)

I remember being bored to death playing this game as absouletely none of the characters were interesting, and no one was wacky enough to make them interesting, except possibly the Cheech Marin character. The puzzles were trite and the story was pretty much a watered down comedy of other better fantasy games from that time.

Also it had a terrible anticlimactic ending.

Anyways I would have done 3 stars as at least it looks nice and has a tight design. It also is weird to have Cheech Marin in a video game.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #2

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own views I personally really enjoyed the dialogue and thought the characters, particularly at the insane asylum, was zany enough to hold my interest. What other games are you thinking of?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #3

I thought Blazing Dragons was great, so there! Pbbbbbthhhhhhhhh!!!

On a different note, the review printed the wrong publisher/developer information. Crystal Dynamics was originally the publisher with Illusions as the developer. However, Blazing Dragons came out in the 1-2 year gap in Crystal D's history between their decision to no longer publish games and their eventual buy out by Eidos. After they made their switch to being a developer only, they continued to oversee Blazing Dragons, but Mindscape took over the publishing/distribution duties. Illusions stayed on as developer. Eidos had nothing to do with the title.

I also think the Saturn version had shorter load times (2D games almost always ran better on it), but I can't be sure as I never played the PSX version.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

Indeed it was. Thanks, Scoville.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:30 AM   #5
Banned User

I have the Playstation version and the load times aren't really bothersome to me.

Nothing at all like Broken Sword 3 on Xbox. That was awful and horrible and horrible and awful.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #6
LucasKeen

I actually think that Blazing Dragons is a great game. I've had it for about a year now, and I was beginning to wonder if anyone else knew about it. The characters are funny, the puzzles are pretty clever, and the graphics are nice and cartoony. The load times aren't that bothersome to me since they go by pretty fast. Anyway, nice review.

Some of my games, like Day of the Alien: Tentacles Ate My Babysitter, Goodbye Monkey Island, and Maniac Mars are at Beyond the Pogo
Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 AM   #7

All comes down to personal tastes really, not everyone will like the same thing.

I agree with the loading times on Broken Sword 3, I played through this on the PS2 and they were not only ridiculously long but also managed to happen every other screen.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #8

You're welcome, you Egyptian Death God sort of thing.