You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 06:38 AM   #1
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak
Default Buy/Sell forum

Hi. I think you should add a buy/sell forum (only adventure games/video games) to the forums!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
SamNMax

Good idea. I second that motion.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

YUP Looking forward for a similar forum soon with an added opting of trading as well.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Take a look at this thread (including the link to Evan's response last summer, which is pretty much how I feel).

It's not a bad idea, but we've hesitated to do this in the past because AG doesn't want to be involved in the trading process or the disputes that are bound to arise. (Yes, we're a lazy bunch!) I've seen what a huge amount of work it has been for the staff over at GameBoomers (to the point where they almost closed down their trading forum a few months ago) which is why I'm a little wary of opening up a formal trading board here.

Buying / selling / trading has always been allowed on the boards but there hasn't been a whole lot of it, which also makes me unsure if we need a dedicated forum for it. Personally, I'd much rather see regular AG posters offer things they have extras of, etc. to other AGers (which does happen on occasion) than to have a dedicated board where a bunch of strangers show up just to try to sell their games or pimp their ebay auctions. The latter is much more likely to happen if we have a specific selling / trading board.

(Here's a completely hypothetical question - if we opened a forum that was trades only (no money changing hands) - how would people feel about that?)
Old 06-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
merely human

In actuality we don't really need one. We don't usually get buy/sell offers every single day and it has always worked here that if someone wants to sell their games they can simply post it in the main forum, and whatever transactions happen with interested parties are handled through PMs or email (that is, privately between buyer and seller). If someone is looking for a specific game they just ask publicly and whoever has info will offer it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #6
Epinionated.

There's one on the JustAdventure forums if you want one. I've used it no problems, but do be careful when trading on the internet!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #7
Banned User

I just use tradegamesnow.com, but they're a bunch of dicks over there, so it might not be worth your time.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
There's one on the ***CENSORED*** forums if you want one.
Boo! Hiss! No!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:39 AM   #9
Epinionated.

edited

Last edited by squarejawhero; 06-21-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 AM   #10
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

The reason I wrote about this on AG was because I wanted to sell/buy/trade with AG people (since I think you are the most enthuiastic, mind spelling, adventuregame people on the net). But as Intrepid Homoludens says, the main forum sounds good (just that I didn't know you were allowed to buy/sell/trade there).

Anyways, to fov's question, would a fourm where you only could trade games be good? Yes, because as I said, then you know the guys who trade are enthusiastic (they are if they come to AG, right?) and then it would feel much better when you get the game (because the game would probably be in a good shape)..!

I mean, I rather buy/sell/trade from people here, because then I know the person (maybe not know her/him, but I know its a adventure game fan who gets the game if I sell/trade)...
Old 06-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #11
Banned User

There should be a post and have it stickied (word?).
Old 07-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #12
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak
Hi. I think you should add a buy/sell forum (only adventure games/video games) to the forums!

I think that is a Good Idea to have a Trade buy or sell on this forum that is will be