You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Hype-o-Meter Update 05/04

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Hopeful skeptic

Default Hype-o-Meter Update 05/04

Just when you thought the Update button must be broken, the Hype-o-Meter gets another makeover. Well, maybe "makeover" is overstating a little, but a few tweaks here and there. Here's the lowdown on what's new.

#2. Indigo Prophecy. No brainer here. The game formerly-and-in-some-places-still-known-as Fahrenheit reclaims its long-held previous ranking with the release of Still Life. Check out the new trailer for the game if you're not sure why (and then have your head examined).

#3. Another Code. What's this?? An upstart appearing at #3, and for a console, no less? Sorry, PC-only gamers, it's true. With an English version release date set for June 3 in Europe, this pure adventure for the Nintendo DS has potential written all over it, and we can't wait to see how it turns out.

#10. Juniper Crescent - The Sapphire Claw. We're all ready for another "cartoon comedy escapade", and Steve Ince sounds like just the man to deliver that experience. Based on his popular web comic, this game was just recently announced in an AG exclusive. The early screenshot has got fans drooling already, and the short playable demo (which I promise I will stop mentioning after about a zillion more taunting references) is a highly promising start.

The only casualty of this update is Nibiru. Believe me, we're as anxious as anyone for news of an English release of this game, but with several localized versions already released, and no imminent English version announcement (that we know of), we'll put this one on the back burner and keep our fingers crossed.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

An increasingly appealing Hype-O-Meter, to be sure.

Is there a North American release for Another Code?
Old 05-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Bearly Here

Hey, an update...on the Hyp-o-meter. WOO!

And all 8 trailers of Indigo, what I saw definitely pushes this one up.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #4
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

A very appealing top 10 hype-o-meter indeed.

This might be the first time that almost every upcoming adventure game on the list I'm interested about.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
Fulci lives

Why isn´t Martin Mystere not on the list?
It looks really good.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

Instead of which game? For one game to go on, another has to come off. Martin Mystere does look solid, but just couldn't crack the top 10. Besides, it'll be out in a couple weeks.

Jake, I haven't heard anything about Another Code for N.A. Frankly, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #7
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

How about Lost Paradise or Another Code? I haven't even heard of them or noticed anyone saying they're expecting those games. How can they be so high on the list?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

Lost Paradise is Benoit Sokal's new game, so pretty much any fan of Syberia is stoked about it. The developers have been pretty quiet about it of late, but E3 should change that.

Another Code is exclusive to Nintendo DS, so it's only of interest to a select group of people, but it's of HIGH interest to that select group.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
Dungeon Master

I'll go as far as claiming that Another Code should be of interest to any adventurer, even ones who never plan to play it themselves. Imagine: if this game turns out good and commercially successful, it'll open whole new market, plenty of new possibilities and customers, for the genre. So I say: don't you dare to remove it from HoM!

Personally, I'd like to see A Vampyre Story and The Sapphire Claw swap places. They are both pretty comparable in terms of what little we know about them, but the first design team is led by a famous artist, whereas the second - by a famous writer. Unless we put style before substance, Steve's game should not appear below AVS, I believe.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #10
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Instead of which game? For one game to go on, another has to come off. Martin Mystere does look solid, but just couldn't crack the top 10. Besides, it'll be out in a couple weeks.
Perhaps Myst V?
Myst-type games aren´t really my cup of tea, although there are prolly lots of people on this forum who are looking forward to it, so it should stay on the list.

Quote:
I'll go as far as claiming that Another Code should be of interest to any adventurer, even ones who never plan to play it themselves. Imagine: if this game turns out good and commercially successful, it'll open whole new market, plenty of new possibilities and customers, for the genre. So I say: don't you dare to remove it from HoM!
Another Code looks fab!
Perhaps it will start a trend of adventure games appearing on the Nintendo DS, that would kick a large amount of ass!

Also, Nibiru is gonna rock, just like Black Mirror did!