Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   New staff announced! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/7745-new-staff-announced.html)

fov 04-09-2005 08:49 AM

New staff announced!

New staff introduction

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack
A few weeks ago, we announced our intention to hire some new writers to help keep up with the ever-increasing demands of the suddenly not-so-quiet genre we all know and love (that's adventures, for those with short attention spans). The offer was so enticing we feared some would find it too good to be true — no pay, lots of work, lousy hours, very little thanks, and the eternal indignation of everyone who disagrees with every word we say (which happens a lot, no matter what we say).

No it doesn't! :D

Anyway, just wanted to publicly welcome our six new writers (and welcome back to Tom and Rob)! *D

Jackal 04-09-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
No it doesn't! :D

Indeed. :frusty:

But yes, let me add my informal (like the other announcement could BE less formal than it is) welcome to the new crew! Great to have you all aboard. :)

Fairygdmther 04-09-2005 09:59 AM

Hey great! Always glad to see good writing! I hope Kim is a female - we do at least need a token female among the newbies.

ducks and runs

FGM-Lyn

tabacco 04-09-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Hey great! Always glad to see good writing! I hope Kim is a female - we do at least need a token female among the newbies.

ducks and runs

FGM-Lyn

Hmm, I think Brooke may qualify as well ;)

Intrepid Homoludens 04-09-2005 11:22 AM

:D Welcome, everyone!

Jackal 04-09-2005 11:22 AM

Yes, indeed, two females in the mix. Even better, there's not a token in sight, as they earned their props fair and square. *D

LauraMac 04-09-2005 11:46 AM

Welcome!

And this group definitely earned every bit of praise they get. :)

Maquisard 04-09-2005 12:05 PM

I wish they were introduced by their forum names, 'cause I have no idea who they are. :)

fov 04-09-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
I wish they were introduced by their forum names, 'cause I have no idea who they are. :)

Brooke Thompson (imbri)
Kim Wild (wildcat)
Martijn van Es (Cellardoor)
Brad Morris (BradMorris)
Michael Amundson (imichaelj)
Jeff Leung (Azar)

custard 04-09-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

who writes poetry and comedy sketches in his spare time.
heh, i thought i was reading a lonely hearts page, was almost expecting "likes long walks on beaches"

wildcat 04-09-2005 01:43 PM

Yup, definitely female when I last checked :)

RLacey 04-09-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat
Yup, definitely female when I last checked :)

So says Murray ;).

Catnip 04-09-2005 02:48 PM

This site has some of the best articles about adventure games on the Internet. It's exciting to find out that there will be even more talent added to the mix. Welcome and congratulations!

Tom_K 04-09-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
...(and welcome back to Tom and Rob)! *D

Thanks! Great to be back! A hearty beef...er...a chunky welc...argh - never sign on to the forums before dinner. WELCOME to all the new talent! :)

Cellardoor 04-10-2005 03:51 AM

Hello everybody! Thanks for the welcome.

I've been around the site and forum for a while, though I've never really been an active member of the community. (Now where did those hundred posts come from, I wonder...)

Anyway; as you've probably read on the main page, I'm a Sierra Addict. This means I'll be doing some Flashback Friday reviews soon. Games such as Gold Rush! and Hero's Quest come to mind. You'll be hearing from me soon!

Kolzig 04-10-2005 04:37 AM

Gold Rush :9~

I'll be waiting for that review. :)

VoodooFX 04-10-2005 04:40 AM

Welcome to adventuregaming hell warzone paradise.

imichaelj 04-10-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custard
heh, i thought i was reading a lonely hearts page, was almost expecting "likes long walks on beaches"

:P No comment.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!