You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Jack the Ripper (possible spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 02:02 AM   #1

Default Jack the Ripper (possible spoilers)

So I finished Jack the Ripper the other day.
Having read Stinger's review before I played the game, I expected a really twisted and horrid ending, something that would leave me mad. Well, it didn't, I liked it. Which in turn means that I think the review is really unfair, because it focuses heavily on that "negative" point.
Of course, there's nothing exceptionnal about this game, it's average at best, but I found it to be a fun play, and quite spooky, so 1,5 stars seem more than harsh to me.
It struck me all the more than I also just finished Mystery of the Mummy, which is a pixel hunting nightmare, full of impossible and frustrating puzzles, and ugly as hell, and which gets a higher grade.

Mind you, I don't care about the grades so much, but I feel like the reviewer unleashed his wrath against the game for a very subjective reason. I'm aware that objectivity in reviewing is an impossible dream, but in this case it's a bit over the edge.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
So I finished Jack the Ripper the other day.
Having read Stinger's review before I played the game, I expected a really twisted and horrid ending, something that would leave me mad. Well, it didn't, I liked it.
That makes two uf us. But maybe the ending was satisfying because I read it was utterly horrible and prepared myself for the worst? Nah, probably not.

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja