You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #21
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
Here. It was not white, but... cream?

'twas dust coloured...or, according to my HTML book, it was Hexadecimal colour #F5F5DC, which is more commonly known as "Beige".

Cream is more rosy.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #22
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

How much did that colorimetry course cost and how long did it take, Jaz? You know if they have something like that in Holland by any chance?

Old 03-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #23
merely human

Quote:
Here. It was not white, but... cream?
Beige.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #24
delusions of adequacy

You guys seeing dark grey must be on crummy (and really darkly calibrated) pc monitors, IE: the average PC monitor.

I'd call it Khack green (or shit green), meaning dusty or brown green (persian) and combined with the shades of brown elsewhere on the page and the little himalayas images its getting very 'young Indiana Jones in the foreign legion' (RIP River Phoenix )
Old 03-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #25
merely human

My monitor's 5 years old. It's deep forest green.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #26
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Beige.
Like Jazzy said.

I liked the beige color more than this dark green.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #27
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

It's just dark green, alright! Geez, you people and your made-up colours.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #28
merely human

Shut up.

Deep Forest Green.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #29
Citizen of Bizarro World

I like the change. And I'd call it greeno-brownish dark gray.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 03-16-2005, 03:16 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
You guys seeing dark grey must be on crummy (and really darkly calibrated) pc monitors, IE: the average PC monitor.
I am using a flatscreen monitor, and it is calibrated to a high illumination (what is the correct term?). It is set on 80 %. To test if it had anything to do with the calibration, I changed it to 100 % illumination, and it is STILL darkish grey. Maybe a bit slate-grey (which is blueish grey), but not very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in Milk
I'd call it Khack green (or shit green), meaning dusty or brown green (persian) and combined with the shades of brown elsewhere on the page and the little himalayas images its getting very 'young Indiana Jones in the foreign legion' (RIP River Phoenix )

It's persian, yes - but origianlly it came from the Urdu language, which comes from India.

It means dust covered or earth coloured. It doesn't actually have green in it - just the military version, which is quite different has green in it.

Apparently it was originally a name of a type of cloth.

The Colour Khaki (with sample)

Also, I recommend this article at "World Wide Words". The other articles are also very interesting - The subheader of the site is "Michael Quinion writes about international English from a British viewpoint"
His writing style makes the topics really interesting, and makes you want to read more.

-

Last edited by Jazhara7; 03-16-2005 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:12 AM   #31
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
I like the change. And I'd call it greeno-brownish dark gray.
It's actually the color of red. Red like the blood of my enemies! Muwahahahahahaaa!!!

Just kidding. My enemies don't have any blood anymore.

Just kidding again.

It's a gray-green. Maybe gray-teal. We can make up a name and call it "Blue Steel". Or "Magnum".
Old 03-16-2005, 05:16 AM   #32
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Alright you bastards ...

Take a screenshot, use the eyedropper tool on the background color. Then click on the color and, assuming you have the default RPG color picker, you will see a palette of green.

It's dark green. It may be something else on your monitor, but the official canonized AG-approved version of the color is, indeed, dark green.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:33 AM   #33
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Alright you bastards ...

Take a screenshot, use the eyedropper tool on the background color. Then click on the color and, assuming you have the default RPG color picker, you will see a palette of green.
I actually considered doing that. But it seemed like too much effort to confirm something I already knew in my heart to be true. I was just being a little silly.

By the way, how DO I take a screenshot, and where does it go?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 AM   #34
Doctor Watson

You can take a screenshot by pressing the Print Screen -button on your keyboard. The image goes to your clipboard.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:50 AM   #35
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
You can take a screenshot by pressing the Print Screen -button on your keyboard. The image goes to your clipboard.
The clipboard? That's brilliant! thanks And here I was worried that I might fill up my hard drive if I accidently pressed "Prt Sc" a million times.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #36
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
It's not, actually. When I do this (and I did it yesterday ), the color that comes up in the color picker is #333333, which is gray. It's not the same color that shows up in the source code (which does have a green color palate). Oops, but I'm not using the RGB color picker... maybe that makes a difference?

The background color you're using (#282e22) is not listed in Photoshop as a "web color," so it seems it's converting to the closest web color (#333333) when it displays. Beyond that I don't really understand how all this color stuff works.

For grins, here's the color palate I get when I plug in the color in the source code:

Definitely green, but this is not the color that's displaying in my browser.

emily

Last edited by fov; 03-16-2005 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:11 AM   #37
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Definitely green, but this is not the color that's displaying in my browser.
It is. I took a screenshot of your screenshot and the background color is R 40, G 46, B 34.

The color might be different because Internet Explorer sometimes uses dithering. Or maybe it uses dithering only with images, I can't remember. Anyway, have you considered Firefox?

Hey, Firefox even has a color picker extension!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:05 AM   #38
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
It is. I took a screenshot of your screenshot and the background color is R 40, G 46, B 34.
Weird.

Quote:
The color might be different because Internet Explorer sometimes uses dithering. Or maybe it uses dithering only with images, I can't remember.
I get the same thing (333333 instead of 282e22) in Safari, too.

I have not bothered with Firefox (even though everyone keeps telling me to) because thus far the browsers I'm using have worked okay, and I'm lazy.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:20 AM   #39
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Well, it's green for me and I use Internet Explorer.

What's your colour depth? The hexadecimal colours #xxxxxx in the web are for 24-bit, so if you only have 8-bit colour depth (265), it'll have to adjust it.

But I guess that won't be it, either, because then wormsie couldn't have taken a screenshot of the screenshot and... um... yeah. You get the point...

*broods*

As a side-note, I preferred it white.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Well, it's green for me and I use Internet Explorer.

What's your colour depth? The hexadecimal colours #xxxxxx in the web are for 24-bit, so if you only have 8-bit colour depth (265), it'll have to adjust it.
32-bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
But I guess that won't be it, either, because then wormsie couldn't have taken a screenshot of the screenshot and... um... yeah. You get the point...

*broods*

As a side-note, I preferred it white.
It was never white, it was beige. I preffered it beige to.

Also, if i view the monitor from an angle, the colour looks lichen-green. But only slightly.

-