Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Vanishing Smilies (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/7323-vanishing-smilies.html)

Marek 03-13-2005 10:30 AM

Vanishing Smilies

Hi everyone,

We've had to remove several smilies from our options because we were sent a takedown notice by DeviantArt, where one of their users apparently holds a copyright on some of them.

We'll see if we can obtain official permission to use the smileys. If not, we'll try to find replacements for some of the lost smilies soon, so don't worry!

Huz 03-13-2005 11:18 AM

:frown:

kingBLAOW 03-13-2005 02:18 PM

I know it is properly justified, but enforcing copyrights on smileys is kinda hilarious.

Maquisard 03-13-2005 03:08 PM

Wow, the :eek: one is missing! And the "d'oh" ( :( ) one! Those were like the best! Well I hope you find suitable replacements.

edit: the d'oh one showed up, even though it's not among the pictured ones.

stepurhan 03-15-2005 05:36 AM

Just a thought. Have you been able to verify that this person actually does have legitimate rights to these smilies? I'd hate to think this was some sort of scam to squeeze some cash out of forum websites like this one.

Maquisard 03-15-2005 10:56 AM

Hmmm, what else is missing. :confused: <--that one! (edit: hah, found a secret one!) And the toothless grin. The entire traffic light trio in fact....And :cool:. Well, I wont miss most of those, but some were really good! :frown:

Trep allways uses "alternative smilies" here, maybe he can find some uncopyrighted ones for us? :P

Intrepid Homoludens 03-15-2005 10:57 AM

How would I know which ones aren't copyrighted?

Maquisard 03-15-2005 10:58 AM

err... :shifty:

'Cause you're smart? :D

Intrepid Homoludens 03-15-2005 10:59 AM

Who told you that? :crazy:

Maquisard 03-15-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
:crazy:

hmmm...apparently not. :pan:

Jazhara7 03-16-2005 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
The entire traffic light trio in fact....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO *breathes* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\

fov 03-16-2005 07:38 AM

:frown:

Marek 03-18-2005 02:27 AM

I haven't heard back from the guy so far...

Erwin_Br 03-18-2005 02:54 AM

Why not make our own smileys? I'd happily volunteer to create some! (FOR FREE!!! ;))

--Erwin

Jazhara7 03-18-2005 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Why not make our own smileys? I'd happily volunteer to create some! (FOR FREE!!! ;))

--Erwin

I could try to make some with "Icon Art"...I never tried making smileys, though. But it is worth a try. (I've made Desktop Icons for some Reality-on-the-Norm games before, though.)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jazhara7 03-18-2005 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I didn't make it with IconArt, but with the GIMP (I forgot that Iconart only works with files with *.ico extensions.)

Here is a smiley which I like to call "Well, eek..."

(Maybe you want to use it for another expression than "eek". I don't mind)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Maquisard 03-18-2005 01:03 PM

I'd say it's more of a :someone I'm sitting next to farted something horrible: An expression showing both outrage and fear at the same time. :D

Jazhara7 03-19-2005 02:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
I'd say it's more of a :someone I'm sitting next to farted something horrible: An expression showing both outrage and fear at the same time. :D

Yeah, that sounds about right. I made another smiley, but couldn't decide which variation is the best. So here they area all:

One of them I like to call "touché".

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fairygdmther 03-19-2005 07:36 AM

We need one that shows someone pouting!

FGM

pinkgothic 03-20-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I made another smiley, but couldn't decide which variation is the best. So here they area all:

I think I like the one best which you called Eeek Ouch. :)