You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback question to reviewers about cinemaware games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 10:29 AM   #1

Default question to reviewers about cinemaware games

hi! i'm new to the forums and i'd like to know why you haven't reviewed any of cinemaware's games like it came from the desert and king of chicago? i thought that both games were very good and had good stories. i consider them adventure games with action elements and good story and i highly recommend them.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

I'm going to move your question into our site feedback section. You're more likely to get an answer from the staff there.

Are these games pure adventure, or are they action/adventure? We don't review hybrids here -- only pure adventure games -- so that could be one reason you don't see them on our site.

emily
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I don't know about King of Chicago, I've never played that one.
It Came From the Desert has dialog trees just like in adventure games, but the game mostly consists action sequences.

So I'd label it as an action adventure.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #4

thanks for your reply fov. they're hybrids so i guess adventure gamers isn't going to review them. to kolzig in king of chicago you're trying to become king of chicago after capone is jailed. the game is set in 1930's and you make choices in dialogues which affects the way game progresses. you can end up being sent to prison, or die in gun fight or become king of chicago. i highly recommend it. it's one of my favourite games!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:14 AM   #5

have these cinemaware games been re-released? I know they re-released their 3 stooges and Defender of the crown games but haven't heard about anything else.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:08 AM   #6
The Reggienator

No one has heard anything from the new Cinemaware in about 6 months, they made a sequel to Defender of the Crown in 2004.

A third party firm made and Cinemaware published polished pc remake versions of Wings and DotC. Also a third party firm made and Cineware published GBA versions of Three Stooges, Wings and DotC.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
A third party firm made and Cinemaware published polished pc remake versions of Wings and DotC. Also a third party firm made and Cineware published GBA versions of Three Stooges, Wings and DotC.
any idead where i can pick up the wings and dotc remakes for the pc?
Old 02-28-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
The Reggienator

ebay?

Defender of the Crown:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8171479861
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8172366561
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...171813740&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...137338359&rd=1

http://www.cinemaware.com/products.asp

It seems that they've released four games as part of their remastered series.

Defender of the Crown
The Three Stooges:
Wings
Lords of the Rising Sun

If I'm gonna someday get my hands on a Nintendo DS, I have to get my hands on those GBA remake games.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #9

yeah i can find the defender of the crown games on ebay, i was asking about the others, can't seem to find them anywhere, do you know of a place that retails them
Old 03-01-2005, 05:19 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Hmm, I don't know any other places except amazon?
Try to search amazon sites.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

AFAIK only Defender of the Crown and 3 Stooges were finished in Remastered series, others were put on hold. I guess the new Cinemaware went the same path as the original company.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #12
The Reggienator

Just that the old company managed to really do many unforgettable classic games.

The new Cinemaware's resume is like this:

-Release all the old Cinemaware's games as roms of every platform they were released back in the day.
-Publish two classic game remasters for pc
-Publish three classic games as gba versions
-Make Robin Hood: Defender of The Crown

Quite lame compared to the old legendary Cinemaware.