You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Adventure Gamers launches new design!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #61
After 2 years...

It's so weird that you can't see how old was the previous until you see the new one...

WTG guys...the new design is "happiness" for the eyes...

The news section and the headlines are so much easier to read now...and i like the hype-o-meter...now it has true weight on the index page...

*four thumbs up
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 01-23-2005, 02:34 PM   #62
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
That's caused by the site being centered and not every page having a scrollbar inside the browser. That's totally browser related and not due to my design.
Aha, you're right! That's a thumb down for FireFox. They should, like Internet Explorer, display a disabled scroll bar when a page fits within the window. Tsssk, tsssk... *Erwin shakes his head*

--Erwin
Old 01-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #63
Under pressure.

Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 6 in /home/httpd/vhosts/adventuregamers.com/httpdocs/include/database.php on line 44

Screenshot section of the site is having problems. It shows pictures unrelated to the subject they belong to (for example, a screenshot of Apprentice in the image gallery for Fahrenheit) and I got the error above after clicking the next link for a few times.

--Erwin
Old 01-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #64
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 6 in /home/httpd/vhosts/adventuregamers.com/httpdocs/include/database.php on line 44

Screenshot section of the site is having problems. It shows pictures unrelated to the subject they belong to (for example, a screenshot of Apprentice in the image gallery for Fahrenheit) and I got the error above after clicking the next link for a few times.

--Erwin
For the life of me, I can't reproduce this. I've gone through the gallery for fahrenheit several times now with no errors.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br

--Erwin
I have the same problem too. When I click on the "Next page" button in the Fahrenheit and Scratches image galleries, it links me to here:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/gallery.php?id=$id&start=12

Oh, and the new design is beautiful.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:48 PM   #66
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
For the life of me, I can't reproduce this. I've gone through the gallery for fahrenheit several times now with no errors.
You get linked to different URIs, depending on whether you click the link on top or on the bottom of the page...
Old 01-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #67
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyToy
You get linked to different URIs, depending on whether you click the link on top or on the bottom of the page...
Aha! Thank you

It's fixed now.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:02 AM   #68
Umbilicus Mundi

I like it, except that the menu background is interlaced. Makes the text a bit harder to read. It was probably the same way in the old design(?) but I never bothered to comment.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:12 AM   #69
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Nice! Congratulations on the redesign!

EDIT: I have only a slight nitpick - the forums section of the front page should, IMO, have the 'Join the forums' image with the different silhouettes on it. It always made the front page look that more special in my mind.

And of course, the 404 page could use a new color scheme. That's all I can complain about - otherwise a top job!

Last edited by Royal Fool; 01-24-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:41 AM   #70
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I'm very pleased that the link for the forums is displayed at the top now, rather than being bunched in at the side with all the other stuff.

I always used to get confused and would end up clicking on reviews or something. That's one less thing I need to worry about now.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #71
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fool
Nice! Congratulations on the redesign!

EDIT: I have only a slight nitpick - the forums section of the front page should, IMO, have the 'Join the forums' image with the different silhouettes on it. It always made the front page look that more special in my mind.

And of course, the 404 page could use a new color scheme. That's all I can complain about - otherwise a top job!
The errordocuments will get the new look, but it's up to Marek to do the html before I can convert them
Old 01-24-2005, 08:06 PM   #72
fire breathing

Quote:
This won't make you like the dark background more, but I can tell you the reason for it. A lot of people loved the dark background of Adventure Gamer(s) 1.0, the really really old design:

When we introduced Adventure Gamers 2.0 a lot of people were going "oh no, you've made it boring now!". And to some extent, they were right.

My goal with the current design was to sort of fuse the previous two ones, and to bring back that dark look... but not make the content area hard to read.

By the way, I'm surprised no one's brought it up the news section yet. It has the biggest changes layout-wise. I'm hoping that people who previously didn't follow the news will want to start now. Apart from the layout changes we're also going to make a bit of a different selection of the news, focusing more on the industry news and less on linking to articles on the web.

cue creepy old timer voice Ay, I remember those days. I was just a wee 7th grader when I found my lucky way onto the Adventure Gamer(s) web site, and the subsequent forum. Aaahh...those were the days.....the small time production, the coporate fraud and phony software designers that caused the site to dissapear from existence for a year...kept afloat by a forum of devoted fans that gathered in each other's warm company to discuss bygone tales and adventures (in games of course). Sits back, plucks out a pipe, and reminisces further about old times...
Old 01-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #73
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade
...kept afloat by a forum of devoted fans that gathered in each other's warm company to discuss bygone tales and adventures (in games of course).
Pff... oh yeah, those jerks
Old 01-25-2005, 01:06 AM   #74
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
... and to bring back that dark look... but not make the content area hard to read.
OMG. That somehow sounds like you know what...

Old 01-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #75
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

The new site design is fantastic, very contemporary and great layout. Well done to all those elves who have no doubt been beavering away in the background The dark green background really helps the content stand out more too. You're really putting other sites to shame... ;D

P.S. Why not put a Get Firefox logo on the main page and help push it over the 21million mark? Though, then again, I suppose they can make sites look a little amateurish?
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 AM   #76
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
The new site design is fantastic, very contemporary and great layout. Well done to all those elves who have no doubt been beavering away in the background The dark green background really helps the content stand out more too. You're really putting other sites to shame... ;D

P.S. Why not put a Get Firefox logo on the main page and help push it over the 21million mark? Though, then again, I suppose they can make sites look a little amateurish?
Well, there's a notice that appears under the copyright notice at the bottom if you use IE
Old 01-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #77
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
You can see screenshots of all the AG designs here.

emily
Sheesh, guys! At least be honest about it:

Quote:
What started as an amateur fan site run by a single person has since grown into the biggest and finest website of its kind.
(bold added by me as suggestion)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #78
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Well, there's a notice that appears under the copyright notice at the bottom if you use IE
You should move it to the top and make it say "Most intelligent people use Firefox."

Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #79
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
8-) That actually stunned me. In a good way. Though you should move it to the top and change the link colour if you ever want people to see it .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #80
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Quote:
Deliciously clever.