Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Bear-able? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/6426-bear-able.html)

EasilyConfused 01-17-2005 03:09 PM

Bear-able?

Congrats on a good start, Joe--that was a tidy little review on Bearly Sane, which I've thought about downloading a few times as it seems to be a real favorite. I never did understand what it was about though and you cleared up the gameplay well (I like the idea of anger bar, I wish normal people had visible ones of these, along with their other emotions.) Thanks too for the warning about spelling . . . that gets under my skin so much (blame it on my 8th grade English teacher) that I would probably have stopped playing after the first few errors--too bad for the game's maker, but good for a player to know.

-EC*

*(Will proof game dialogue for chocolate.)

rio 01-17-2005 06:06 PM

Thank you very much, if you haven't played it yet then get out of the forums and do it now!!

Quote:

(I like the idea of anger bar, I wish normal people had visible ones of these, along with their other emotions.)
That sounds a bit too much like the Sims for my tastes. :P

EasilyConfused 01-17-2005 09:46 PM

Rio, you are Joe? Goshdarnit, I am ALWAYS confused. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: Well, anyway, great job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rio
That sounds a bit too much like the Sims for my tastes. :P

Haven't played the Sims, have been too busy on the forums. :P

Are you suggesting I play a computer game?!?!!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now why would I want to do that? Seriously, the game sounds great--I'm sure it will take me more than an hour to finish though, so be prepared when I pepper you with questions. :)

RLacey 01-18-2005 10:33 AM

Nice work, Joe :).

stepurhan 01-18-2005 01:39 PM

When i saw the teaser on the main page about how much fun you had I said to myself "I bet he doesn't mention you sometimes have to do repetitive actions to get your anger bar up high enough"

Dang, you proved me wrong. Now, not only do I not get to be superior by pointing it out, but I've got to congratulate you on paying attention to such important details. Good job and keep it up. :D

rio 01-18-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Dang, you proved me wrong. Now, not only do I not get to be superior by pointing it out, but I've got to congratulate you on paying attention to such important details. Good job and keep it up.
Thanks, but i'm sure you can find something wrong. Not that I want you to look of course :shifty:

Quote:

Rio, you are Joe? Goshdarnit, I am ALWAYS confused. Well, anyway, great job!
Look at the sig.

:pan:
EC

AGA 01-19-2005 01:44 PM

Yeah, good first article, Joe. Well written :)

EasilyConfused: you have no excuse! There was already a mini-review that summed up Grr! on the site long before Joe's full-lenghth review. Shame on you! ;)

EasilyConfused 01-19-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGA
EasilyConfused: you have no excuse! There was already a mini-review that summed up Grr! on the site long before Joe's full-lenghth review. Shame on you! ;)

Oh, I knew about Bearly Sane long before I even knew about AG! I just didn't know that Joe was Rio! :crazy: :crazy:

stepurhan 01-21-2005 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rio
Thanks, but i'm sure you can find something wrong. Not that I want you to look of course :shifty:

Hey, you're right. I looked again and you didn't mention the dog relieving itself against his leg in the opening cutscene. All my faith in you is shattered. :P