You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Curiouser and curiouser

Default ROTS review

Very helpful flashback Friday, Kirk--thanks so much! I think this was the first ROTS review that actually gave me a sense of what the game was like. The screenshots were great (don't know whom to thank there, but thank you!) and I'm glad you addressed issues like the picture quality, puzzle difficulty, story (or lack of), target audience, etc. In short, a really comprehensive review, and sure to be of use, especially since the Omega Stone has been there all by its lonesome this whole time.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #2

I thought ROTS was the Revenge of the Sith review!..

But it was a very helpful review, made me look for this game that I know I have it somewhere, and I think I never finished it, so now should be a good time.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
I thought ROTS was the Revenge of the Sith review!..
Naw, if it were anything to do with the Sith and AG by some stroke of bizarrity were reviwing it, Trep and I would most likely be in a bidding war to bribe Jackal for the assignment . . . you DO take bribes, don't you, Jackal?
Quote:
But it was a very helpful review, made me look for this game that I know I have it somewhere . . .
That's the genius of FFs, this has been showing up in discount bins everywhere as Kirk mentioned, so it's great to have the 411 on it. Or if you happen to have it anyway, so much the better! (BTW, has anyone ever thought that maybe that smilie needs braces or something?)
Old 01-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
Banned User

Thanks, EasilyConfused, for your feedback. I am glad my review was functional...helpful even.

Quote:
But it was a very helpful review, made me look for this game that I know I have it somewhere, and I think I never finished it, so now should be a good time.
I agree, Wilco. Go finish ROTS. And I must say that as much as I like the Toblers' work, I was not as fond of The Omega Stone because it stretches itself thin, whereas ROTS digs itself into a central location, thickens its roots and doesn't let go.

And budget is always a good thing. Unless of course you're buying undergarments. But that's another story.

Best wishes,
Kirk
Old 01-08-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
Easily amused

A very nice review for one of my favourite games!
This was one game I played when I just got into gaming. I've since replayed it and it still held the same magic. The music is quite beautiful and lends much to the atmosphere. It was still exciting to get the secret doorway opened and start exploring the hidden chambers. There is so much detail that I saw things I had missed before.
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on the forum, but the Toblers now have a website that continues the Egyptian experience. It is a subscription service, but will have more virtual tours, 3D artifacts, short games, and a larger Adventure game.
Here's the link:
http://www.egyptsancientmysteries.com/