Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Staff ch-ch-changes (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/5766-staff-ch-ch-changes.html)

Marek 11-28-2004 12:09 PM

Staff ch-ch-changes

As you may already know, Evan has chosen to leave his position as EIC of this site, allowing him to -- well, get his life back! :o As we all know, Evan has put a tremendous amount of time and energy into this site. He will be really sorely missed, though rest assured he'll be returning as a contributing writer next year. In fact, he might just be tempted to write another Top 20.

Evan has done an absolutely stellar job of running the site during the past two years, and his departure meant a difficult transition. But the show must go on, and so I'd like to announce some new changes to the team.

First up is Jack, known on the forums of course as Jackal. He'll be the Editor of Adventure Gamers, meaning he'll be in charge of scheduling the articles and preparing all the copy for publishing. Since he had already developed the habit of nagging Evan about article deadlines, he was the natural choice! :)

Stepping up as Publishers/Developer Liaison is Laura. She has some GREAT new plans for the site, particularly with regard to the adventure community. She will also continue the series of developer chats we started recently, and further involve game developers in celebrating and discussing the adventure genre.

The third spot in this little triumvirate remains unchanged, with Doug taking care of our publishing back-end and server as usual. Some new features are being worked on, and one of them is even launching today.

That's it for now. Stay tuned, as ever.

emma 11-28-2004 01:15 PM

As sad as it is to see Evan go, loads of best wishes to the "newish" crew! *D

Mattsius 11-28-2004 01:19 PM

Congrats to Jack and Laura for your new positions and to Doug for... well... being as great as ever! ;)

guybrush_guy 11-28-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma
As sad as it is to see Evan go, loads of best wishes to the "newish" crew! *D

ditto, so long even..you'll be missed...

TigerShard 11-28-2004 06:30 PM

No matter the changes to the staff, Adventure Gamers will always be one of my favorite websites. Past and present, the staff of this website rocks :)

Ninth 11-29-2004 04:51 AM

So Jack, it looks like your Singer/Stinger plot to take over Evan's job was a brilliant success...
And how clever to change your username at the very last time to make people forget about your ancient identity :eek: .

:crazy:

Jackal 11-29-2004 06:28 AM

Actually, I got it all backwards. I should have kept the old name so no one would notice the coup, and THEN changed the name. Much too conspicuous this way. :D

But no, the truth is much less insidious. I just fail upwards. :P

Ninth 11-29-2004 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
Actually, I got it all backwards. I should have kept the old name so no one would notice the coup, and THEN changed the name. Much too conspicuous this way. :D

Nobody's perfect.

Quote:

But no, the truth is much less insidious. I just fail upwards. :P

I was going to answer, and then I realised I don't know what failing upwards could possibly mean. So I'll shut up. Almost.

Jackal 11-29-2004 07:10 AM

I was already insulting myself, so it was pretty safe. :D

(And failing upwards refers to when people are so bad at what they do that they keep getting promoted to get them out of the way. ;) )

Ninth 11-29-2004 07:16 AM

Quote:

I was already insulting myself, so it was pretty safe. :D

(And failing upwards refers to when people are so bad at what they do that they keep getting promoted to get them out of the way. ;) )

Oh. It kind of remind me of something, but...
Oh yeah, who's the most powerful man on the planet right now? :rolleyes:

EDIT: And I couldn't possibly have insulted you, Mr Editor, Sir. 'would never have crossed my mind.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-29-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

So you're saying that, in effect, Evan won and you lost?

Um..... :confused: .....I guess I'll go and do some news updating then...

Mattsius 11-29-2004 01:50 PM

Speaking of news, Marek got some praise for his Future of Adventure Games article from Michael Samyn of Tale of Tales over at The Inventory party:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Samyn
It was only after reading Marek Bronstring's article on the future of adventure games that we realised that "8" might be conisered an adventure game. Only then did we start looking at adventure games. But we didn't find much that we really liked, I'm afraid.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-29-2004 01:53 PM

Excellent!

Wormsie 11-29-2004 02:02 PM

The Inventory is not going to like this. They will stop covering anything from Tale of Tales, maybe even start a boycott campaign.

pleto4_ryan 11-29-2004 02:10 PM

Bye ;(

Welcome :D

------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Excellent!

Intrepid Homoludens 11-29-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadworm222
The Inventory is not going to like this. They will stop covering anything from Tale of Tales, maybe even start a boycott campaign.

That publication may do hissy fits, but we are above that. :P

Mattsius 11-29-2004 02:32 PM

Muuaahhhaaahhahhahhaaa!!!

Jackal 11-29-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
So you're saying that, in effect, Evan won and you lost?

Now that you mention it, he's kicking back and enjoying the good life, and I'm stuck harassing writers over deadlines and ticking people off. So...yeah, you're right! Man, that didn't work out well at all. I need better advisors. :(

fov 11-29-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

harassing writers over deadlines

STOP HARASSING ME! :eek:

(actually he's not, I just felt like yelling)

DomStLeger 11-29-2004 03:18 PM

Congratulations Jack and Laura!