Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   New: release dates overview! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/5765-new-release-dates-overview.html)

Marek 11-28-2004 12:09 PM

New: release dates overview!

A lot of people have been asking us when we were going to have a page with release dates. Other people asked us "who's this Kim Britton person, and what does she do?" This post will put both questions to rest!

For the past many months Kim has been extremely vigilant in finding new games and nagging publishers for updates on their release dates. Her work will finally be given full justice now that we're launching the new release dates page. Starting today, you won't have to look anywhere else but to Adventure Gamers for the most up-to-date release dates.

Let me stress again that this list will be updated all the time as needed, and that Kim regularly checks for new developments on all listed projects.

I hope you like this new feature, and sorry to those who had been waiting for it for a while! :)

tabacco 11-28-2004 12:13 PM

Erm... lest anyone point it out to me, Kim already told me about the sorting issue on that page (Q2 2005... Mid 2005... Q2 2005). I'll deal with it tonight.

guybrush_guy 11-28-2004 12:24 PM

very cool!

good work guys!

Mattsius 11-28-2004 01:14 PM

So it seems you took our nagging seriously then. ;)

So much for being up by mid-August.*

*And Doug didn't even get fired. :P

Intrepid Homoludens 11-28-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by that Marek thingie
...we're launching the new release dates page. Starting today, you won't have to look anywhere else but to Adventure Gamers for the most up-to-date release dates.

D'you have any idea how much we'll be hated by the other adventure sites now? :D

kwbridge 11-28-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
D'you have any idea how much we'll be hated by the other adventure sites now? :D

They don't already hate us? :P

I'm so glad that this page is up!!!

Kim

Intrepid Homoludens 11-28-2004 02:08 PM

:P Yes, but now we'll have even more fun being hated.

EasilyConfused 11-28-2004 02:08 PM

Hm, they should hate AND fear us now, because this list is sheer awesomeness. It's also just really con-veeeeeeeeeeen-ient, and I don't know why it makes me want to write it like that, but it does.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-28-2004 02:10 PM

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

EasilyConfused 11-28-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Oh, I figured it out. I think it was a subconscious Mike Myers kind of Dr. Evil thing, or maybe Vincent Price, or whatever. Anyway, villanous laughter should have followed (goes with the hate and fear us.) :devil:

Intrepid Homoludens 11-28-2004 03:31 PM

You're eeeeeeevil, regardless.

Jackal 11-28-2004 03:42 PM

Oh man, I've really been jonesing for this feature, do it's great to see it live in technicolour. Thanks to Kim and Doug for making it happen. :)

Marian 11-28-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
Hm, they should hate AND fear us now, because this list is sheer awesomeness. It's also just really con-veeeeeeeeeeen-ient, and I don't know why it makes me want to write it like that, but it does.

I know what that con-veeeeeeeeen-ient is! It's Dana Carvey's Church Lady from Saturday Night Live. And then she'd do her little superior dance. So go ahead, Adventure Gamers, and dance away. :7

guybrush_guy 11-28-2004 04:55 PM

already did, i need a shower, that was some good dancing.

tabacco 11-28-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattsius
So it seems you took our nagging seriously then. ;)

So much for being up by mid-August.*

*And Doug didn't even get fired. :P

Actually, the page has been done since this summer, and awaiting copy from a certain someone... :)

LauraMac 11-28-2004 08:28 PM

Well I know what a hard task it is pulling one of these together [dumb ommission]: Doug, thanks for pulling, hauling and idling patiently with this. this part lost in translation from brain to posted word..[/dumb ommission]

collecting all those elusive dates and the upcoming countless changes and delays. Ack Well done Kim.

So you guys better be nice and sweet about this here calender or I will smack at will. :pan:

belieeeeeeeve it

or wait was that snack at will, where is that memo?

tabacco 11-28-2004 10:29 PM

Arg! Apologies for the calender downtime! My fault :(

Intrepid Homoludens 11-28-2004 10:43 PM

:confused: Your fault? I thought it was Marek who ran around and screwed things up around here?

Ninth 11-29-2004 04:52 AM

"The Upcoming Releases page is experiencing some difficulties and will return as soon as humanly possible. Our apologies for the downtime! "

What the??? That this means you're only human? ...talk about disappointment :frown: .

Mattsius 11-29-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

:confused: Your fault? I thought it was Marek who ran around and screwed things up around here?

It's probably contagious. Soon we'll have to put the whole site in quarantine.