Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   The "Thanks, you guys rock!" Thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/5659-thanks-you-guys-rock-thread.html)

gillyruless 11-19-2004 01:42 PM

The "Thanks, you guys rock!" Thread

I have accidentally discovered AG while web surfing at work on a very boring day. Since then, every single day, the first thing I do when I get to work in the morning is with a steaming cup of coffee in my hand, firing up my browser to visit AG. Admittedly, this can be a bit hazradous as having hot coffee come out of your nose can be a very treacherous experience (damn you for being so funny and making me laugh out loud when I'm trying to drink hot beverages!). ;)

Thanks to AG and every one on the AG staff, now I start out many of my days moved, entertained, and a little bit smarter about my favorite past time, playing adventure games.

So I'm sending out a big thanks, a hug, and a :kiss: to everyone who makes AG possible. You guys are one of a kind and thanks to you and AG, my life is a little bit richer and happier!

I'd like to especially single out my favorite staff members and show my appreciation for their contribution to the site in general and of course the forum:

Trep - for being smart, funny, and responsible for most of my morning coffee mishaps. Thanks to you, some people at work may suspect I'm a closet gay! All because I told them I met an interesting person online and called you a hottie while showing them your picture from ego...

Kirk - for being wise and patient, and this may sound a bit funny, but for being a teacher. I wish I had a teacher whom I can talk to about adventure games when I was wee lad.

fov - for being caring and helpful (Go to the Hints Requests and Technical Problems forum and try to count how many threads she has responded to. I think I lost the count at 50. :D) and for being our forum mom who straighten us out when we get into trouble on the forum.

Mattsius 11-19-2004 02:25 PM

Wow, that's nice. :)
You're 100% right about the staff here at AG, and not just Trep, Kirk and fov, but all of you guys and girls who use your spare time to make this site and forum the greatest one around. You're real heros in my eyes.

Oh, and I don't drink coffee (I easily have mishaps without coffee). :shifty:

SoccerDude28 11-19-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyruless
I have accidentally discovered AG while web surfing at work on a very boring day. Since then, every single day, the first thing I do when I get to work in the morning is with a steaming cup of coffee in my hand, firing up my browser to visit AG. Admittedly, this can be a bit hazradous as having hot coffee come out of your nose can be a very treacherous experience (damn you for being so funny and making me laugh out loud when I'm trying to drink hot beverages!). ;)

Thanks to AG and every one on the AG staff, now I start out many of my days moved, entertained, and a little bit smarter about my favorite past time, playing adventure games.

So I'm sending out a big thanks, a hug, and a :kiss: to everyone who makes AG possible. You guys are one of a kind and thanks to you and AG, my life is a little bit richer and happier!

I'd like to especially single out my favorite staff members and show my appreciation for their contribution to the site in general and of course the forum:

Trep - for being smart, funny, and responsible for most of my morning coffee mishaps. Thanks to you, some people at work may suspect I'm a closet gay! All because I told them I met an interesting person online and called you a hottie while showing them your picture from ego...

Kirk - for being wise and patient, and this may sound a bit funny, but for being a teacher. I wish I had a teacher whom I can talk to about adventure games when I was wee lad.

fov - for being caring and helpful (Go to the Hints Requests and Technical Problems forum and try to count how many threads she has responded to. I think I lost the count at 50. :D) and for being our forum mom who straighten us out when we get into trouble on the forum.

How about forum members, the regular folk ??? we don't make you laugh???
:pan: gillyruless. By the way I feel the same way to everyone here. Sorry if I 've had heated debates with some of you , (especially concerning the EA article, I'm so glad that it's over with :) ), I can be pretty stubborn sometimes :frusty: . But still, I have a great time here talking about my passion in life with funny people who share my dreams and fantasies.

Aight, boss is around the corner peace me out ;)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-19-2004 03:09 PM

http://www.italiannis.com.ph/menu/images/cocktails.jpg

Celebratory cocktails, anyone?

I figured this would be a good excuse for some. Besides, it's Friday evening already. Man, I honestly could use an icy cold martini right now, but there's no gin and vermouth in the house, only olives. :frown:

guybrush_guy 11-19-2004 03:10 PM

try grape ni'quill....

Intrepid Homoludens 11-19-2004 03:18 PM

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...aos/smile2.gif o god, g_g, you're disturbing. and don't give me ideas, i'm on the verge of desperation for anything alcoholic right now.

fov 11-19-2004 08:22 PM

Thanks, Gilly. :)

Just got back from the neighborhood bar, myself... nothing like a Ramos Fizz (or two) at the end of a long week...

-emily

WRMW 11-19-2004 08:34 PM

Gillyruless-- you are so right, I've just got to add my thanks.

I still can't believe how much help people on AG and other adventure sites can be, even though they get nothing out of the stress and work we put them through (other than the warm fuzzy feeling of course).
I've definately had my share of problems, and there've always been people to help, especially fov and mjartisian from GB. I'm still amazed at how willing they (and the rest of the community) are to help. I'm not sure that if it was any other gaming community it would be like this (somehow I don't think the people who frequent FPS-only sites are quite so inviting).

Well anyways so much for my little rant, I just want to say thanks again to all that've helped me sort my little problems out (and hope they'll still be there when I undoubtably have more later on...)

William

guybrush_guy 11-19-2004 09:14 PM

i to am greatfull, if it was'nt for this website i'd be very very bord. words cant even describe how board i would be.....i'm guna miss it wile i'm away for the next 2.5 :\ months
someones guna have to write me in bootcamp about stuff going on in the adventure world becuase i'll be away from any sorce of new/entertainment for a long time.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-19-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
Just got back from the neighborhood bar, myself... nothing like a Ramos Fizz (or two) at the end of a long week...

[jealous] http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...aos/smile2.gif Hate you. [/jealous]

fov 11-19-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

Guess the honeymoon's over... :eek:

Intrepid Homoludens 11-19-2004 09:53 PM

What are you talking about, we just got engaged! And Kingz needs to get fitted for his bridesmaid dress, someone has to consult the florist, wormsie's got issues over his groom's outfit, gilly's throwing a fit 'cause I haven't given him French kissing lessons.... this wedding planning's a pain, you know. Now you see why I so badly need that drink? :(

On the other hand, maybe it's better I stay sober and alert tonight. I've been working on an article for another gaming site and making some progress.... :D

VoodooFX 11-20-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyruless

Hmmpf, that's the last time i've helped anybody with technical issues.
Why didn't you thank me? Does my avatar smell bad? :D
Thanks for nothing. I'm leaving, i'm gone.... goodbye cruel adventuregamers forum... :\

Off to next thread!!! :P :)

Mattsius 11-20-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
What are you talking about, we just got engaged! And Kingz needs to get fitted for his bridesmaid dress, someone has to consult the florist, wormsie's got issues over his groom's outfit, gilly's throwing a fit 'cause I haven't given him French kissing lessons.... this wedding planning's a pain, you know. Now you see why I so badly need that drink? :(

On the other hand, maybe it's better I stay sober and alert tonight. I've been working on an article for another gaming site and making some progress.... :D

Forget the article. Have a drink and relax.

http://www.duke.edu/~tep2/A%20Refreshing%20Drink.JPG
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Hmmpf, that's the last time i've helped anybody with technical issues.
Thanks for nothing. I'm leaving, i'm gone.... goodbye cruel adventuregamers forum... :\

Cheer up! Trep will probably share his drink. :D

guybrush_guy 11-20-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

of course it smells bad, but that why i like you! your the only person with a scratch and sniff avatar

mag 11-20-2004 09:01 AM

Quote:

Well, it does have a bit of a smell to it. It's a raggedy old voodoo doll after all.

mag

VoodooFX 11-21-2004 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag
Well, it does have a bit of a smell to it. It's a raggedy old voodoo doll after all.

mag

Awww, thanks guys and girls, you're the greatest! Only true friends would give you a honest answer. I will give my avatar a bath ASAP ... like in 100 years or so :)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-21-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
of course it smells bad, but that why i like you! your the only person with a scratch and sniff avatar

And you actually scratched and sniffed it? Eiw, get those skanky fingers away from me!! :r

guybrush_guy 11-21-2004 07:44 PM

it does'nt smell that bad. it's more like the smell of skunk, some like it and some dont. i myself, dont mind the smell of skunk.

oh, i also washed my hands :crazy:

VoodooFX 11-22-2004 07:31 AM

Ok people, stay AWAY from my avatar!! :P