You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback The "Thanks, you guys rock!" Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #21
Mostly absent

Let's clear the air, shall we?
Old 11-22-2004, 09:31 AM   #22
Doctor Watson

Well, that was refreshing.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:03 AM   #23
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Where did that came from?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:54 AM   #24
guybrush_guy

that would make a nice flash avitar, and it would'nt smell to bad ither.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:50 PM   #25
merely human

WTF was that?!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-22-2004, 01:56 PM   #26
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Actually, you may find that http://adventure.gamers.youaremyfriend.com works better (two words maximum, though )

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-23-2004, 07:59 AM   #27
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
that would make a nice flash avitar, and it would'nt smell to bad ither.
Correction: That would make one hell of a flash avatar that would smell great 24-7. 8-)
Old 11-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #28
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Kirk - for being wise and patient, and this may sound a bit funny, but for being a teacher. I wish I had a teacher whom I can talk to about adventure games when I was wee lad.
Hello, Gillyruless--

Your comments are truly warming. Thank you.

I knew I always wanted to be a teacher, but never could anyone anticipate what this job truly means. I am a workaholic, a perfectionist, a psychotic and energetic English fanatic with a splash of something rather unknown--and smelly. Some people call me a candle burning at both ends, but I see it differently. I am constantly allowing my students to take pieces of me, wear me down, take my passion as their own--and, bit by bit, I drain. I wait to be put back together by students, by their words, their growth and their success. Those who never make it, however, take that piece of me with them; I don't really get it back. Truly, what you have said here has given me back some strength. Much needed and much appreciated.

This is also how I feel about Adventure Gamers. I will continue to be myself, push like a motha' and listen. As I have come to learn, you cannot expect a class of students to learn from you if you refuse to learn from them. The same can be said about our community at Adventure Gamers. Thanks for all you teach me.

Now go back to work!

Best,
Kirk
Old 11-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #29
merely human

Dammit, Kirk, STFU before I fall in love with you!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-01-2005, 05:59 AM   #30
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic
Default Wow.

Being new here, I presume my opinion may not matter that much, but first impressions are: Whoah. I was looking for this thread. I have to agree wholeheartedly to the basic sentiments - this site is awesome, this forum is awesome, and from what (little, admittedly, but I'm working on it!) I've seen from the moderators, they're awesome too.

As a sidenote, being a moderator on another forum, I would like to truly thank them for the patience they're obviously putting up with this one - I know it's a tough job and rarely gets much appreciation flung its way. I think you've created a fab' community.

...and now I'm going to read some threads to be able to back it all up.

(But, no, really - the first impressions of everything here is awesome. Good lord, the forum even has structure - and the people on it can spell! *wipes drool from mouth*)

*humbly in awe*
Old 01-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #31
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, Pinkgothic!

Complimenting the mods is definitely a good way to get off on the right foot.

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy it here and decide to stick around.

-emily
Old 01-01-2005, 01:01 PM   #32
Bearly Here

Quote:
Complimenting the mods is definitely a good way to get off on the right foot.
And the staff and writers,

give them LOTS of complements, small offerings, oh and presents - that all is the best way to proceed as a new forumite *whistle*
Old 01-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #33
merely human

Buying them drinks is nowhere near looked down upon, either.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:16 AM   #34
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Thank you for the welcomes! (Though the forum itself is welcoming enough. )

As for complimenting the mods (and the writers!), er, "flattery will get you everywhere"? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the priceless advice.

@LauraMac: What sort of offerings were you envisioning? The classical animal sacrafice, or were you thinking more along the lines of the modern day style offerings... e.g. consoles. *makes notes*
Old 01-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #35
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

I can only subscribe to what's already been said in this thread.
FAB SITE!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #36
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
....and the people on it can spell! *wipes drool from mouth*)
Just wait 'til guybrush_guy returns from boot camp
Old 01-05-2005, 03:57 PM   #37
merely human

I miss him.....
Old 01-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #38
Mostly absent

So do I...
Old 01-06-2005, 05:47 PM   #39
Bearly Here

ohhh me too.. I hate armies

*kicks rocks.. hmm getting scuffed up - - sigh now need new rocks"

Hey Pinkgothic - bout those offerings - rocks are good
Old 01-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #40
-Plunder Bunny-

Default Definitely Cool

Hey guys- I discovered this site just surfing around and I feel very fortunate that I did so- I thought I was one of the only people that was holding tightly on to the adventure classics but obviously that is not the case. I am looking forward to checking out more threads and swapping some opinions with the knowledgable staff and members of this site. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and another thing- somehow I missed playing Grim Fandango but after reading some threads yesterday, I determined I needed to immediately order it before I can refer to myself as an adventure gamer. It should be here by Monday...