You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Moment of Silence week

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
fov
Rattenmonster

Default Moment of Silence week

I have not been so excited for a game in a long time. Can't wait to see what goodies are going to show up on the site this week.

Has anyone watched the motion capture video yet? I downloaded it last night and was all excited and then when it finished downloading I forgot about it and went to bed.

Also for those too lazy to read the homepage:

Quote:
Don't forget that you'll be able to ask Martin all the questions you want about MOS and other topics during our House of Tales Developer Chat, this Wednesday and Thursday.
-emily
Old 11-08-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

I am excited about the game too! I should be getting it this week, only problem is it will be competing with my WoW open beta playing time.... but I'm leaning towards MoS

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
Friendly Server Admin

Well, you have two hands, right? Use one hand to play Wow on one machine, and the other hand to play MOS on the other
Old 11-08-2004, 01:02 PM   #4
Banned User

Emily... good thing you're excited!

I am more than glad to have played and to have finished TMOS for the review, and I am more than interested in knowing your views as well as everyone else's when they are finished.

Certainly, TMOS seems like a great labor of love, as evidenced in the FMV cutscenes, trailer and most everything else. To come back full force after the squashing of Mystery of the Druids is quite the task. Everyone will just have to wait to see any real concrete opinion on the English version. And goodness, I hate having to wait for anything.

This week should be a blast! I am most excited for the developer chat, considering the fact that Martin Ganteföhr is so interactive, open and willing to discuss. It is always a great thing to see developers take their time to communicate with their audience and--sometimes--fans.

Is everyone else as hyped? If not, they could learn from you, Emily.

Cheers,
Kirk
Old 11-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Is everyone else as hyped? If not, they could learn from you, Emily.
Where's that jumping up and down smiley when I need it?!

Seriously, after playing the demo last week I have been very excited for this game. From the gameplay it just seems like "my kind" of game. My only complaint is the price of ordering from the UK (even with the free shipping DJ is offering) - I am still hoping a US publisher will be announced with a lower price point. I have been burned too many times buying a game at a high price.

If no US publisher is announced, I will probably be putting it on my Christmas list... and/or setting the Digital Jesters store as my boyfriend's home page until he gets the hint...

emily

ps Can't wait to read your review!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #6
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...C&title=179838

See if these guys ship worldwide. Of course, I'm not entirely sure, as I live in the UK...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Doesn't seem like they do.

That's still a good price for you lucky UK folks...

-emily
Old 11-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #8

I wanted to let everyone know that as of today, GoGamer here in the United States has The Moment of Silence in stock and they are shipping. Price is $39.90; they offer speedy shipping options as well as a new $1.99 dirt-cheap shipping option as well.

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGam...ct/View/001MOM
Old 11-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

i guess i'm going to have to ask for this game for christmas.....though i also want POP:WW (Xbox) and i know my parents won't give me both......i'm broke cause i just bought halo 2 and some other games......hopefully TMOS will get a U.S. publisher someday......its sad going to stores and seeing the adventure game section so bare
Old 11-09-2004, 01:42 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...C&title=179838

See if these guys ship worldwide. Of course, I'm not entirely sure, as I live in the UK...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Doesn't seem like they do.

That's still a good price for you lucky UK folks...

-emily
Hmm, I've always thought that play.com sends games&dvd's worldwide, but it seems they only send stuff to European countries.

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: we only deliver to the following countries:

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Denmark
England
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Guernsey
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Jersey
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
Northern Ireland
Norway
San Marino
Scotland
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Vatican
Wales
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

They had a US site (click on International in the upper left corner) but Moment of Silence wasn't in their inventory.

-emily
Old 11-09-2004, 07:25 AM   #12

Just got my shipment confirmation yesterday, anyone have an idea what sort of shipping they use to Europe/NL? 1-day, 3-day, a week? (I can't wait that long, never been a patient person lol)
Old 11-09-2004, 07:28 AM   #13
Bearly Here

Played MOS through, my initial thoughts are..

get excited. What a treat to play this game.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:31 AM   #14
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
They had a US site (click on International in the upper left corner) but Moment of Silence wasn't in their inventory.

-emily
Yeah, www.playusa.com doesn't have any games, just R1 dvd's.

And www.playusa.com also delivers to Europe for free, think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Just got my shipment confirmation yesterday, anyone have an idea what sort of shipping they use to Europe/NL? 1-day, 3-day, a week? (I can't wait that long, never been a patient person lol)
3-5 days, lately they've been really fast, 3 days went and I got my Evil Dead trilogy box set, 3 days went and I got my FlatOut. 8-)
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:34 AM   #15
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Hmm, I've always thought that play.com sends games&dvd's worldwide, but it seems they only send stuff to European countries.
This is 2004! The world is round! You will not fall off the edge, because there is this cool place called America beyond the horizon

Jokes aside, a lot of people are always telling me play.com ships world wide... Many retailers will not ship world wide for some reason, a lot of times you have to order from the the game company itself. The Japanese Amazon.com won't ship any computer games over seas, but if I order directly from the publisher (like Falcom), they are more than willing to send it to me. I wonder why....?

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #16
Mostly absent

The third question in the MoS giveaway is quite tricky. Any hints?

EDIT: I'm leaning towards RecipeSource.com.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:55 AM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
The Japanese Amazon.com won't ship any computer games over seas, but if I order directly from the publisher (like Falcom), they are more than willing to send it to me. I wonder why....?
Probably has to do with the publishing deals. If a game has a US publisher, the deal often states that they have sole distribution rights in the US, which means retailers in the UK are not allowed to ship the UK version to the US. And vice versa.

In some cases I believe the publisher retains rights to ship overseas and they restrict retailers from doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
Played MOS through, my initial thoughts are..

get excited. What a treat to play this game.
*drool*

-emily