You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Hype Update - 10/22/04

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Retirement is stupid

Default Hype Update - 10/22/04

We have updated the Hype-O-Meter on the front page.

There are two substantial changes. One is Nibiru entering the charts at #10, replacing Atlantis Evolution which has now shipped.

The other one is The Moment of Silence leaping up to #2 and knocking Fahrenheit down to #3. A fairly controversial move, to be sure, but Moment of Silence has been tearing through our news section recently with big developments like DVD-only release and a sponsorship of Battlestar Galactica (which is a very big deal). I have played the game and found it to be a fantastic throwback point & click in the vein of Beneath a Steel Sky. Plus, all early German reviews are coming back very positive. Clearly the hype is peaking for MOS.

Now, I still believe Fahrenheit is going to be an extraordinary game, but the news has not been good recently. VU has told us in no uncertain terms that they will not be publishing the game in North America, and we can't get an answer out of Quantic Dream whether there are any other opportunities. Plus, we have heard small rumors that VU may be looking to pull out of the European distribution too. Nothing but bad news, unfortunately; the hype is deflating a bit and thus the game slips to #3.

Moment of Silence will ship before the next Hype update, by the way.

As always, please share your comments and observations and personal hype rankings, as this list is substantially based on a sampling of reader feedback. And please remember there's nothing mathematical or scientific about this, it's all just good clean fun.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 10-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

So is Fahrenheit coming in November 2004 or February 2005?

Because the Hype toplist says Feb 2005 and the game info page says Nov 21st 2004.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:11 AM   #3

The Quantic Dream Site claims: "Our second game, FAHRENHEIT, is currently in final development stage and will be published by SIERRA (Vivendi Universal Games) by the end of the year on PS2, PC and X-BOX"

It is nice to see Lost Paradise in the top 10.. I am really looking forward to that one..
Old 10-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #4
Mostly absent

I think it was the right move to move MOS up to second place. Not just because it has constantly been in the news recently, but because the game itself seems to be one of the best AGs in a long time, maybe even the best one since TLJ.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:24 AM   #5
Retirement is stupid

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy; I've fixed it on the game page. Everything I've heard is that VU has pushed it back to 2005 in Europe (and I'm sure we'd be hearing a bit more about it if it was a month away). Quantic Dream's website likely needs to be updated.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 10-23-2004, 09:32 AM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Published by "Sierra," eh? Interesting, all it took was the complete shutdown of the company for them to start releasing adventure games again...
Old 10-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #7
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingsie
Everything I've heard is that VU has pushed it back to 2005 in Europe (and I'm sure we'd be hearing a bit more about it if it was a month away). Quantic Dream's website likely needs to be updated.
Man that sucks. Screw 'em, I'll just focus myself on Bloodlines, Half-Life 2, and Moment of Silence until then.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien