You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback A personal apology

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
Retirement is stupid

Default A personal apology

Hey all you happy little readers,

I just want to electronically file a personal apology that the site has been crawling a bit recently as far as new content, timely updates, etc. I recently relocated cross-state during a three-week process which included:

Week 1: Working 75 hours to clean up projects and packing boxes during all spare time. And then actually moving them.

Week 2: Sitting around patiently playing Madden 2004 (and the occasional adventure ) while waiting for the DSL installation guy who couldn't be bothered to come until 8 days after we called.

Week 3: Playing phone tag with tech support because the DSL installation was totally and completely botched and my "expedited" new modem took 6 days to ship. Oh, and by the way, if anything in your home or general residential area is not working properly, I think uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 2 will likely fix it.

The site sort of grinds to a halt when I'm not around--which is absolutely no one's fault but my own for not anticipating such disastrous personal outages. But I am now back, and officially out of excuses, and as committed as ever that Adventure Gamers is going to be the best source of all adventure-related content on the Internet. I hope you can look forward with me to all the great things we have planned.

Here's to adventure games--and never moving again.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 10-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #2
guybrush_guy

DON'T EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT!

there's no need to apologize. I'm pretty sure that everyone here appreciates the work that you do on this website. I for one admire your dedication to the forums and the website. so I'm thanking you for the effort you bring forth to make this website so great.

welcome back, we missed you!

Old 10-07-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Seriously though, moving sucks. It sucks almost as much as being on the road with devilishly sore feet after a day of standing in high heels and smiling at strangers and sweetly threatening the UPS driver who can't tell the difference between a hockey rink and a pulmonary rehab convention, then returning to the hotel to find that your dial-up won't connect any faster than 28.8...

Actually maybe moving sucks more because at least now I get to go out to Hooters at the company's expense.

emily

ps Oh, I'm sorry, this was a thread about YOU wasn't it?! Seriously, nice to have you around again.

Last edited by fov; 10-07-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #4
Banned User

Brandon said it. Whenever you need a break, I hope you can take one with a good conscience. I'm pretty sure you usually dedicate more time to Adventure Gamers than most people do to their jobs.

In short, we need you sane. The fact is, AG has raised the editorial standards of adventure gaming sites to an unprecedented level and we're privileged to have you around. Otherwise where would we get our adventurey Internet goodness?

www.adventurecompanion.com
Old 10-07-2004, 06:49 PM   #5
merely human

Welcome back, boss. I hope you filed a complaint with DSL and asked for compensation.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #6
Bearly Here

Yeah moving is an evil beast and something I try to avoid.

Nice to see you back and online!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:39 PM   #7

... I didn't even notice the "crawling" (whatever that means exactly).
And moving is not that bad, when it's from one studio to another (there's not much you can store in 30m²) , and when they are only 20 minutes apart.
I'm still waiting for the DSL to be installed, though .
Old 10-08-2004, 05:14 AM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

You were gone?

Nice to have you back and settled, Evan. Now quit schmoozing and get back at it.

On the plus side, you're probably a major force in Madden now.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:29 AM   #9
Mostly absent

Welcome back.

Simo already hit the nail on the head.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #10
Bearly Here

Quote:
ps Oh, I'm sorry, this was a thread about YOU wasn't it?!
I dunno FOV, I figured we could take a page from another twisted calender and presume all threads ARE secretly really about us.

Yup, I know you just said that cause of me.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:18 AM   #11
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
....all threads ARE secretly really about us.
What?!! What have I done to deserve all this surreptitious attention? :eek:
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-08-2004, 10:46 AM   #12
Bearly Here

Hey you, we are talking about you in the other 4 forums, this is our thread!

And that one about the Decline in Video game quality - yeah you know it Trep...it's cause of what you said 3 months ago. Uh huh you know what it was. When you thought no one was reading - yup THAT thing.

Hy Evan, I know you started this but while you were out uhh we did some rearrangement of egos and well things have changed
Old 10-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #13
Mostly absent

Quote:
Hy Evan, I know you started this but while you were out uhh we did some rearrangement of egos and well things have changed
Yes, I was unanimously chosen to be the new "Supreme Commander" of this vessel, I mean site. 8-)
Old 10-08-2004, 11:36 AM   #14
merely human

Supreme Commander Mattsie, your little padded cell awaits you. And the tailors have created just for you this lovely new jacket to wear in that cell:

Old 10-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #15
Mostly absent

Hey, that's nice of you. My own jacket and everything. How thoughtful.

Hey, what is this room?! Guys! Guys!! Don't leave me here!!!!!

Old 10-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #16
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I dunno FOV, I figured we could take a page from another twisted calender and presume all threads ARE secretly really about us.
I presume nothing.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #17
Bearly Here

You don't presume! ohhh so it is all about you then, Damn.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:00 PM   #18
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
You don't presume! ohhh so it is all about you then, Damn.
Hey, cheer up! It can be all about both of us. Here <pat pat>, have a margarita.

We girls have to band together...
Old 10-08-2004, 06:37 PM   #19
Bearly Here

, wait what's that hmmm oh a margarita oooh ok.

Quote:
We girls have to band together...
mm hmmm and this batch of drinks is ALL ours too. slurrrp well ,might share a little
Old 10-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #20
fov
Rattenmonster

I dunno, margaritas are really quite precious. I only share under dire circumstances...

I mean, what with the high price of water service in San Francisco, all those ice cubes alone cost a fortune!

I once offered to let Trep lick some margarita off my skin but he declined. Go figure!

emily