Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Upcoming forum changes (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/30880-upcoming-forum-changes.html)

LegendLongy 05-04-2012 10:47 AM

Is the new website optimised for mobile phone browsers? I do hope so because the current one can be a bit buggy on safari for iOS.

Marek 05-04-2012 02:02 PM

It'll work a bit better on smartphones. I've been testing it regularly in iOS safari.

We are also planning a mobile specific version, but we'll roll this out sometime after the main site relaunch. (The mobile version will be for the main site only, not the forums.)

Panthera 05-04-2012 02:41 PM

Pleease make the mobile specific version an alternative and not the standard option when opening the page on iOS!

I absolutely hate having to turn off mobile browsing or tell the site to return me to the "desktop version" when browsing on my iPad!

tsa 05-04-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthera (Post 610571)
Pleease make the mobile specific version an alternative and not the standard option when opening the page on iOS!

I absolutely hate having to turn off mobile browsing or tell the site to return me to the "desktop version" when browsing on my iPad!

Me too.

How do you turn off mobile browsing?

Panthera 05-04-2012 09:36 PM

Some pages say "this site is optimized for mobiles, would you like to view the desktop page instead?" Those that don't usually have a "revert" option as a tiny link at the bottom of the page.

I haven't found a way to turn it off completely, but most pages remember your choice, so you only have to revert once. (In my experience). Sorry that I was unclear in my wording.

tsa 05-04-2012 10:24 PM

Oh ok, I gathered from your post it was an option in iOS.

tsa 05-07-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek
We currently estimate the switch-over to happen during the second half of April early May

It's early May. Are you waiting for Rob to finish his countdown in The Thread? ;)

Marek 05-09-2012 03:55 AM

We are now targeting May 20 as our launch date.

Fun fact: AG originally launched (with the current logo and on the current domain) 10 years ago, on May 20, 2002. :)

Adventurere No.1 05-09-2012 07:35 AM

i wonder who will be that so unlucky to make the last thread just mins before they are all archived and the changes take place :devil::D

TimovieMan 05-09-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 611110)
We are now targeting May 20 as our launch date.

Fun fact: AG originally launched (with the current logo and on the current domain) 10 years ago, on May 20, 2002. :)

Awesome! Go for it!

Trumgottist 05-16-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 607200)
Not sure about the 'go to first new post link' - I will check this.

What's the news on that?

According to Double Fine, Expression Engine doesn’t track down to that level of detail. That's a feature I'll be missing a great deal unless DF Justin is wrong or you implement a workaround.

Erwin_Br 05-16-2012 04:04 PM

Oh boy, there goes my impressive and exclusive user ID of 11.

Does anyone remember the old ICQ days where some crazy people would actually pay largs sums of money for a short number?

tabacco 05-16-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (Post 612019)
Oh boy, there goes my impressive and exclusive user ID of 11.

Does anyone remember the old ICQ days where some crazy people would actually pay largs sums of money for a short number?

two digit numbers are for chumps. Say hello to user id 2:
https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/member2.html

Erwin_Br 05-17-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco (Post 612031)
two digit numbers are for chumps. Say hello to user id 2:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/member.php?u=2

I offer $2 :D

tsa 05-17-2012 04:42 AM

How can you see your used ID? On Slashdot I am 15680.

Trumgottist 05-17-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 612074)
How can you see your used ID? On Slashdot I am 15680.

You're 5471. (It's in the address to your profile page - click on or hover over your name by any post you've made to see it.)

tsa 05-17-2012 07:01 AM

Cool, a four-digit user ID! I never had one so low I think.

Marek 05-17-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (Post 612068)
I offer $2 :D

Actually, you are the lucky winner of a brand new 2 digit id on the new site! :)

While the id's started incrementing from a different starting point when importing the accounts, a lot of id's should be roughly in the same range, at least for the first few batches.

Man, what are we talking about ... no one cares about this right? :crazy:

Trumgottist 05-17-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 612114)
Actually, you are the lucky winner of a brand new 2 digit id on the new site! :)

While the id's started incrementing from a different starting point when importing the accounts, a lot of id's should be roughly in the same range, at least for the first few batches.

Aha - that means that mine should be relatively low as well. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 612114)
Man, what are we talking about ... no one cares about this right? :crazy:

True. I do care about this, however:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumgottist (Post 611967)
What's the news on that?

According to Double Fine, Expression Engine doesn’t track down to that level of detail. That's a feature I'll be missing a great deal unless DF Justin is wrong or you implement a workaround.


Marek 05-17-2012 12:23 PM

I've put in a feature request with EE, though that may take a while. I'm also looking into whether we can add it ourselves. It arrived fairly late on my to-do list though so it's something I need to dig into further post-launch. I agree it's a convenient feature, so I'll do what I can to have it added.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Design & Logo Copyright ©1998 - 2017, Adventure Gamers®.
All posts by users and Adventure Gamers staff members are property of their original author and don't necessarily represent the opinion or editorial stance of Adventure Gamers.