You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Missing usernames / logins

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Default Missing usernames / logins

We're aware of an issue of some usernames on the site currently not displaying or some people potentially not being able to log in. We'll try to fix this asap.

Edit: this will be fixed soon (most likely later today). Apologies for the inconvenience if your account is affected.

Last edited by Marek; 04-09-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Advie.1

some sort of a Regress to Progress

Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Friendly Server Admin

Update: Working on this now. ETA: 1 Hour.

Should be fixed now.

Last edited by tabacco; 04-09-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
Banned User

Hi,

My username of 'Roman5' seems to have become obsolete for some reason and so I can't login with that name and password anymore. In any thread I'd posted in before, it now says:

'Roman5

Example: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=27060

I've only registered this new account in order to post this message, but I would prefer to delete this newer account and continue with my original 'Roman5' username and password if it's possible? Many thanks.

Roman5
Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

That is odd. It should have just read "banned", which you were told at the time it happened.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
That is odd. It should have just read "banned", which you were told at the time it happened.
Hi Jackal,

I promise I won't make another account after this, just wanted to clear something up. I've also written a similar message to the site from the contact link. I think it was around the end of 2010 when you banned me for my behaviour, something like a 3 month ban. You also said that after the ban I basically would need to watch my step. That's fair enough. After the ban was due to be lifted, I didn't post for maybe a few weeks after that. I found I was able to post again and made a thread about gaming on laptops and what laptop to buy. It was a very polite and friendly thread, in fact, I even made a gif avatar for a member which he liked. I don't think I actually posted again since then. So it does look like you've overlooked that it was a temp ban you gave me. That's all I wanted to say really and if you could consider unbanning my old account, since you never said it was to be permanent unless I stepped out of line again, which I haven't to my knowledge. Many thanks.

Roman5.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

Actually, there was no timeframe given, and I said it might be temporary (at staff's discretion).

But okay, I'll leave this current account open and we'll go from there.

I really don't know what happened to the original account, though. Guess some banned accounts got mixed in with some others in a purge of inactive (largely spam) accounts.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #8

Alright, thanks. Is there any remote possibility at all of me having my old account back, really just for the sake of reclaiming my old postcount and reg date? No worries if not, it would just be nice that's all. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

That's not my field (it's all magic to me), but I can ask. I wouldn't count on it, though.

(And really, a fresh start might be in order. )
Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
Filmfreak

Quote:
I really don't know what happened to the original account, though. Guess some banned accounts got mixed in with some others in a purge of inactive (largely spam) accounts.
Was that one of the methods to increase the forum speed a couple of months back?

As I recall the forum had 40000+ members a while ago, while now it's only 14000+...
Old 04-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #11

Quote:
That's not my field (it's all magic to me), but I can ask. I wouldn't count on it, though.

(And really, a fresh start might be in order. )

Well I know what you mean about a fresh start, you're kind of right. On the other hand, I'm sort of known for my 2 threads, 'Place that quote!' and 'adventure game sounds', so I guess I wanted people to associate me, lol. Still, my new username isn't a million miles off from the old.

But yea if you could ask, that would be cool. Cheers!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #12
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Was that one of the methods to increase the forum speed a couple of months back?
I doubt it had much, if any, impact on forum speed. We just didn't want to import a whole bunch of spam accounts into the new forum.