Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Missing usernames / logins (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/30874-missing-usernames-logins.html)

Marek 04-09-2012 07:13 AM

Missing usernames / logins

We're aware of an issue of some usernames on the site currently not displaying or some people potentially not being able to log in. We'll try to fix this asap.

Edit: this will be fixed soon (most likely later today). Apologies for the inconvenience if your account is affected.

Adventurere No.1 04-09-2012 08:19 AM

some sort of a Regress to Progress :)

tabacco 04-09-2012 06:56 PM

Update: Working on this now. ETA: 1 Hour.

Should be fixed now.

Roman55 04-29-2012 05:57 AM

Hi,

My username of 'Roman5' seems to have become obsolete for some reason and so I can't login with that name and password anymore. In any thread I'd posted in before, it now says:

'Roman5

Example: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=27060

I've only registered this new account in order to post this message, but I would prefer to delete this newer account and continue with my original 'Roman5' username and password if it's possible? Many thanks.

Roman5

Jackal 04-29-2012 07:11 AM

That is odd. It should have just read "banned", which you were told at the time it happened.

Roman555 04-29-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 609752)
That is odd. It should have just read "banned", which you were told at the time it happened.

Hi Jackal,

I promise I won't make another account after this, just wanted to clear something up. I've also written a similar message to the site from the contact link. I think it was around the end of 2010 when you banned me for my behaviour, something like a 3 month ban. You also said that after the ban I basically would need to watch my step. That's fair enough. After the ban was due to be lifted, I didn't post for maybe a few weeks after that. I found I was able to post again and made a thread about gaming on laptops and what laptop to buy. It was a very polite and friendly thread, in fact, I even made a gif avatar for a member which he liked. I don't think I actually posted again since then. So it does look like you've overlooked that it was a temp ban you gave me. That's all I wanted to say really and if you could consider unbanning my old account, since you never said it was to be permanent unless I stepped out of line again, which I haven't to my knowledge. Many thanks.

Roman5.

Jackal 04-29-2012 08:34 AM

Actually, there was no timeframe given, and I said it might be temporary (at staff's discretion).

But okay, I'll leave this current account open and we'll go from there.

I really don't know what happened to the original account, though. Guess some banned accounts got mixed in with some others in a purge of inactive (largely spam) accounts.

Roman555 04-29-2012 08:43 AM

Alright, thanks. Is there any remote possibility at all of me having my old account back, really just for the sake of reclaiming my old postcount and reg date? No worries if not, it would just be nice that's all. Thanks.

Jackal 04-29-2012 08:48 AM

That's not my field (it's all magic to me), but I can ask. I wouldn't count on it, though.

(And really, a fresh start might be in order. ;))

TimovieMan 04-29-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 609773)
I really don't know what happened to the original account, though. Guess some banned accounts got mixed in with some others in a purge of inactive (largely spam) accounts.

Was that one of the methods to increase the forum speed a couple of months back?

As I recall the forum had 40000+ members a while ago, while now it's only 14000+...

Roman555 04-29-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 609776)
That's not my field (it's all magic to me), but I can ask. I wouldn't count on it, though.

(And really, a fresh start might be in order. ;))

Well I know what you mean about a fresh start, you're kind of right. :) On the other hand, I'm sort of known for my 2 threads, 'Place that quote!' and 'adventure game sounds', so I guess I wanted people to associate me, lol. Still, my new username isn't a million miles off from the old. :)

But yea if you could ask, that would be cool. Cheers!

Jackal 04-29-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 609778)
Was that one of the methods to increase the forum speed a couple of months back?

I doubt it had much, if any, impact on forum speed. We just didn't want to import a whole bunch of spam accounts into the new forum.