Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Moderating posts. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/30687-moderating-posts.html)

LegendLongy 03-19-2012 03:55 PM

Moderating posts.

I can post threads but can't reply to them because my posts need to be moderated first? I don't really get the logic in this because if was theoretically going to spam I'd just create a whole new thread to do so. This happened after my first post on someone else's thread too which wasn't spammy at all. Any chance you could turn it off and publish my posts please?

fov 03-19-2012 04:42 PM

Which posts of yours were moderated? Were you posting links?

If you only have a few posts and try to post a link, the board flags it (having nothing to do with whether you started the thread or are replying to someone else), so that might be what happened. From what I can tell there's nothing special about the permissions on your account that's causing your posts to be moderated.

In any case, I think at 5 posts that shouldn't happen anymore, even if you do try to post a link. But if it persists please let us know!

LegendLongy 03-19-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov (Post 604286)
Which posts of yours were moderated? Were you posting links?

If you only have a few posts and try to post a link, the board flags it (having nothing to do with whether you started the thread or are replying to someone else), so that might be what happened. From what I can tell there's nothing special about the permissions on your account that's causing your posts to be moderated.

In any case, I think at 5 posts that shouldn't happen anymore, even if you do try to post a link. But if it persists please let us know!

Hello and thanks for replying! When I post I get the message:

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

I have even gone back in my browser and tried reposting since I now have 5 posts and still get this error message.

fov 03-19-2012 04:56 PM

It seems though that your posts are coming through - I don't see any flagged for moderation (unless they've already been approved by someone else).

Try logging out from the forum and logging back in? Just in case that error is left over from before.

LegendLongy 03-19-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov (Post 604293)
It seems though that your posts are coming through - I don't see any flagged for moderation (unless they've already been approved by someone else).

Try logging out from the forum and logging back in? Just in case that error is left over from before.

I have just logged out and back in and they are still not posted. I have thanked people for suggesting games in my "Broken Sword style games" thread... twice.

I have posted a review in the "reader reviews" forum which hasn't published.

I also replied to samd1988' thread "Help! Games recommendations :)" which also hasn't appeared.

Jackal 03-19-2012 08:24 PM

I've approved what I believe to be all of the missing ones. I'm not exactly sure why they were flagged, but you're new to the forums and made quite a few posts in the same day, and several included links. More often that not, that's spam behaviour, but I guess the system gets a little overzealous sometimes. :D Shouldn't continue to be a problem.

zobraks 03-19-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendLongy (Post 604277)
I can post threads but can't reply to them because my posts need to be moderated first? I don't really get the logic in this because if was theoretically going to spam I'd just create a whole new thread to do so.

Well spotted. The logic/rule here is that you can create as many new threads as you like (obviously) but cannot post as many posts as you like. That logic beats me too.

LegendLongy 03-20-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 604312)
I've approved what I believe to be all of the missing ones. I'm not exactly sure why they were flagged, but you're new to the forums and made quite a few posts in the same day, and several included links. More often that not, that's spam behaviour, but I guess the system gets a little overzealous sometimes. :D Shouldn't continue to be a problem.

Hero! Thank you very much. I guess being helpful looks spammy when you're new ha ha!