You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Offer your advice (improving our beloved AG Site)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #41
Advie.1

Face ..FACEBOOK .... the sponsored adds on FB is a most strongest tool there to collect fans and members,

i have 3 group and 6 page there at FB and i use those sponsored adds promote them, and i can tell you i have gotten more than 3,000 (overall) between members and fans there.

wanna check one or two of those Groups and Pages ..here are the links.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/solostudio/ (My Studio Group)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/157994290933780/ (an Egyptian Musicians database, which i published 1 year ago) it help 100s of musicians to create their own bands and projects.

at the end do not underestimate those Facebook sponsored adds.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #42
The Quiet One

I don't know if this can be done already, or if it will be included in the update, but is it possible to have an option to mark people's posts as 'read'?

It would certainly be useful to know which post(s) you last read and where to continue from.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #43
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
I don't know if this can be done already, or if it will be included in the update, but is it possible to have an option to mark people's posts as 'read'?

It would certainly be useful to know which post(s) you last read and where to continue from.
Uhmm... the little file-icon in the top-left corner of the posts (above the avatar and left of the date)???
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #44
The Quiet One

I noticed those. But clicking on them doesn't seem to do anything. Or am I missing something?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #45
Filmfreak

If they're grayed out, you've already read them (i.e. you opened the thread before). If they're white, they're new...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #46
The Quiet One

Ah, I see how it works now. Can't believe I never noticed that. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #47
The Quiet One

Of course, the problem with those is that they go grey when they're old, not necessarily because I've read a post. I've come across plenty of posts that have been marked 'old', but I haven't read them.

It'd be cool if there was a small check-box you could tick (when signed in or out) to remind you of which posts have been read.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
Of course, the problem with those is that they go grey when they're old, not necessarily because I've read a post. I've come across plenty of posts that have been marked 'old', but I haven't read them.
True, any post older than 10 days (I think) is automatically marked as read, but that's a lot better than many other forums. (Sure, 30 days might be even better, but 10 days is a reasonable compromise if you consider that this is per-user data stored for every registered member. As of right now, that's 14,436 accounts. It adds up.)
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #49
Advie.1

i hope the upcoming upgrades would have a bigger space for the Indies and the freewares ,

what 1st comes to my mind, that i hate this show/hide freewares at the review section, here i am looking at it and looking for a review section dedicated for/to Freewares only!,

because this show/hide option, when i try to go through all the reviews, it gets messy and i get totally lost, i start to have no idea what was hidden and what that is shown!

2nd mustn't of course be all reviewed (i know how hard even impossible to do so).. but an organized list with only the details of the games (Name/Developer/Year...maybe Link to Download/Buy)

i know surly that i can go through those Following freeware Links and start to search for my needs though every month/year releases (but the truth is sometimes i do not know what am i looking for in the 1st place)

i know i being kinda greedy but maybe all those updates/upgrades shouldn't be powered all at once, (i don't know but maybe that is what you Guys are planning ,already) ....

P.S: i ain't complaining here i am just trying to be useful to something that i get much use from/of.

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 05-03-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Thanks for your comment Adventurere. We're definitely aware of the current shortcomings of the Games A-Z and the need for better ways to browse games. We've implemented some browsing features that are very close to what you are describing.

We're still working on some final details and hope to launch soon.