You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Rules regarding image posting?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #1

Default Rules regarding image posting?

I'm wondering why I see so few images posted here. There's no official rules list here regarding hotlinking to content from other sites - how about that?

Uploading pics you haven't taken yourself to Imageshack is just avoiding the issue.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

It may have the same result, but the circumstances are entirely different. Sites like imageshack exist for that express purpose. Hotlinking other sites bleeds their bandwidth without their consent and offers them no benefit at all. As you say, we have no actual rules against it, but it's discourteous to abuse the privilege, if nothing else.

That said, if there's a lack of images posted here, it's not because we don't allow it.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #3

Okay, then I'll re-upload images to an image hoster (and also put in a link to the original article). It's just that I wanted to be sure about copyright issues, if I upload screenshots with logos, for instance.

The bandwidth argumant is a valid one, no debate about that (although this site doesn't have the user base to make a noticeable difference, I think).
Old 12-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoipolloi View Post
The bandwidth argumant is a valid one, no debate about that (although this site doesn't have the user base to make a noticeable difference, I think).
You'd be surprised. We've had requests to remove hotlinked images in the past for that very reason.