You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback adventuregamers.com and adventure games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 04:43 AM   #1

Default adventuregamers.com and adventure games

Its been a few years now since i`ve been checking this site everyday and reading absolutely everything that appears on it: news, reviews, previews, features etc. www.adventuregamers.com is one of my favourite websites and thats because it covers (or used to) in a very good way one of my passions: pc adventure gaming. But while my love for the genre is intact, the one for the site is begining to disappear slowly. Today, as in every other day, i checked my favourite gaming site and i saw another review of a casual/hog/hybrid whatever you guys like to call it for the DS. I just couldnt read it. Im already tired of reading so many articles about casual games or about non-PC games. There are simply too many and i believe this site changed its attitude to NORMAL PC ADVENTURE GAMES. I love those and i`m beginig to feel, after so many years, like this site is no longer for me, that im a minority here, no longer the targeted audience. I`d like my adventuregamers.com back please. I know my opinion is not really important and maybe these minigames (PC or not) are really the current trend but i just wanted to share my opinion and see if others feel the same way. Regards!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

There probably are people who feel the same way, just as there are definitely people who don't. But here's the thing: we cover the genre as it is, not the way we wish it were. Have we stopped covering every single "real" adventure game in existence? No. All adventures, every platform. Is anyone else doing the same? Now, if we were sacrificing coverage of other adventures in favour of casual stuff, then people might have a complaint. As it is, it just comes off as people wanting only what they like, and too bad for the many people who like something else.

I can assure you, my life would be a lot easier if casual games didn't exist. But they do, in abundance, and that's where we're at. We make it plainly evident in the announcements and front page intros for every article which ones are "lite" or "casual". It really is absurdly easy to just ignore the ones that don't appeal to you.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Schattenjäger

I think everyone here has different types of adventure games they play, and types they dont play. Noones requiring you to read reviews for game genres you dont like. Just read the ones you want to read?
Besides, if they only reviewed games that fit into one specific mold of "normal", there wouldnt be too many reviews. Theres lots of ab"normal" adventures out there that are amazing.