You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Moderator please respond...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #1

Default Moderator please respond...

A couple of days ago I wrote up a reply in the thread Your recommendations for BEST Third-Person games and it still isn't up so I'm wondering why. I thought the post was awaiting approval from a moderator, but I posted in the Batman: Arkham Asylum thread today and it went up right away.

It's been three days since my first post in the aforementioned thread so is there a problem with something I wrote? As far as I'm aware I didn't curse or break any forum rules so I'm not understanding why my response still isn't up. Was my post flagged for some reason and if so can a moderator tell me why? Was it too long?

I would like to post the information up since I provided recommendations for some really good titles and a wealth of gaming info, but I wrote so much I can't even remember it all. If it was flagged for whatever reason can the information from my post be emailed back to me so I can edit and repost it?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Stalker of Britain

Hey there. I'm afraid that if your session timed out, a saved copy of your post was not sent to us. I know how it is to write a whole essay, and find it all gone. I'm really sorry you lost all of your work, but I don't think we ever got a copy that we can send back to you. I saw you've already posted something else in that thread, so that's good.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Based on what you've said here, it sounds like since you were working on the post for a long time, the board automatically logged you out and the post was lost. It happens sometimes, and isn't something we have any control over. Sorry. (Trust me, I've been burned by this kind of thing before!)

Sometimes if you've been writing a post or a PM for a long time it's a good idea to copy/paste it into Word or Notepad before you hit the Submit or Preview button.

EDIT: Oops! Hiya, Fantasysci5.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Stalker of Britain

lol Hi. Sorry, beat you to the punch.

I've had that happen to me on multiple occasions, and I understand your frustration. Sometimes, it wouldn't be the site, but just my slow dial-up connection that would disconnect me. After being burt many times, I've always would write it out, and before Submitting it (or previewing it), I would open anotehr internet tab, and come back to this site, to make sure I'm still online. Not much help, I know, but it was the best thing I could come up with.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #5

Thanks to the both of you for the quick responses, I'm impressed .

What happened was after the session timed out the site asked me to logged back in so I did, but it wanted me to reload the page so I did. Before I hit the preview button I highlighted the body of text and copied it, reloaded the page and then pasted everything back into the text box. I thought it went through, but I haven't seen it.

Interestingly enough Fantasysci5 you say you see something else I've posted in that thread, but I'm not seeing anything I wrote. The last post I'm seeing is the one by Legend, so what's happening here lol?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Stalker of Britain

Ohh. I may know what's wrong. I can see the post, probably because I'm a mod. It says it's being "moderated" for "spam". Was that your first post? We have a new Spammer system that lets most posts through, but if something looks suspicious, it goes through the spammer filter. I'm not too sure about the technical details, or how to get it out. But it is all there, so unless another (better) mod can un-moderate it for you, I can always paste it back to you in a PM or something.

EDIT: I approved the post, it should be showing now. It doesn't seem to be your original post, though, since it says that you had that problem and wrote a "shorter" version. I'm sorry about your post. There are a few things that fall under the cracks and our watchful eyes don't see. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

D'oh, I didn't notice that it was waiting for approval either. Maybe that needs to be more obvious.

It probably went into moderation because it was your first post, and contained links. I think the system assumes that a new poster who posts links is spamming (which is obviously not always the case).
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #8

Thanks so much guys, it's nice to be part of an online community where the moderators actually care about the needs and concerns of the members.

Did I ever tell you all that your kindness and generosity is only superceded by your personal attraction?