You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Forum design and profile glitch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #1

Default Forum design and profile glitch

Some time ago, Marek said the forums would get a new design layout, one that is probably similar to the main site's (with the nice blue background and stuff). I wasn't registered at the time so I didn't comment on that, but now that I am, I was wondering if a new forum design is indeed planned, and when we may expect it to arrive. I understand such things are highly time consuming, and I'm perfectly happy with the forums the way they are. So my intention here is just to satisfy my curiosity, as I'm very grateful to everything you guys do around here.

Also, I noticed there's a glitch on how the profile pages appear; some sections overlap others. Nothing too serious but I thought I'd take the opportunity to bring this to your attention.

Here's a screenshot I took of my profile, under Firefox 3.5.1 (it appears the same way under Flock 2.5 as well).

Best regards,
Alexandre
Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
Also, I noticed there's a glitch on how the profile pages appear; some sections overlap others. Nothing too serious but I thought I'd take the opportunity to bring this to your attention.
Yeah, we are aware of that. That, and a couple of other issues, were caused by the recent forum upgrade. Can't promise as to when they'll be fixed though.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #3

Okay, thanks for the reply. At least I know my browser isn't playing tricks on me.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 AM   #4
Puts the 'e' in Mark

It takes a long time to update the vBulletin forum templates. If we switch the forums to the main page template I also think people will expect to be able to use the log-in box at the top of the page to log in for both the site and the forum at the same time, which isn't the case now, so we should probably try and get something like that working first.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 AM   #5

Yes, editing a forum template must be quite difficult, I can imagine that. I'm wondering now, is vBulletin less user friendly or more obscure than similar packages out there?