You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 02:02 AM   #21
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

big thumbs down on the images in sigs, really clogs things up, and not in the good, wooden shoe way. and as for the avatars - if i can fit in whats to the left of this post, anybody can fit in what they want.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 03-19-2004, 02:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Why?.
Coolness is not to be explained, dude!

And really, you jjust have to look through a few other forum to see that images in sigs are excedingly annoying, taking up space and useless attention.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #23
merely human

Please, no images as your sig. IMO this is one of very best looking, fastest loading, and visually pleasing forums precisely because of what it doesn't include in its design. Very few forums are as well done as this one. I've been to others that take practically forever to load up (and I'm on broadband) because too many people shove HUGE images in their sigs, a lot of which are animated, thinking they could outdo each other. I don't want a sig pissing match, I want to read people's posts.

The only other forum design I really love besides AG is this, which I find beautifully elegant in its simplicity. And loads even faster than AG .
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-19-2004, 12:24 PM   #24

In all seriousity, I think the boards are great they way it is. Nice size on avatars, no huge, ugly, blinking siggys on each and every post. Just straight to the point. Besides, I don't know how to make siggys...
Old 03-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #25

Actually, I think the forum is fine as it is. 80x80 is a good size for avatars. And those huge image sigs are very, very annoying -- I think I'd lose my sanity if there weren't any restrictions. Well, again.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:02 PM   #26
Lucasarts Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
Actually, I think the forum is fine as it is. 80x80 is a good size for avatars. And those huge image sigs are very, very annoying -- I think I'd lose my sanity if there weren't any restrictions. Well, again.
There is nothing more annoying than images in sigantures.

It would be nice if the admin would setup an option to allow us to use the top down postbit display rather than the left/right.

--> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88171
Old 03-19-2004, 06:51 PM   #27
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
you can post signatures in text form, i'm talking about signatures in picture form.
this is mine and i use it in other forums.
That is not a good example of a signature, its way too big, im talking signatures about this size: see attached. There is nothing worse then big signature images, that is why I think there should be a limit on sig pics.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #28
Friendly Server Admin

I think it's pretty clear that the vast majority (including me) don't want images in signatures.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #29
guybrush_guy

i'm definatlty going to resize the picture.. that one was the only copy i had on my PC. the one you posted is about the size i would use

Old 03-19-2004, 07:00 PM   #30
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i'm definatlty going to resize the picture.. that one was the only copy i had on my PC. the one you posted is about the size i would use
I like the image, just the size was too big. Good work

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear that the vast majority (including me) don't want images in signatures.
I think the admins should re-consider. This forum is one of the best, though it is lacking in a few departments. One there should be more incouragement in user involvement. Like awards for avatar and sig design, in the form of a little icon under your username. I've seen things like this done in other forums and it seems to attract more and more users. Just some thoughts.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:18 PM   #31
Friendly Server Admin

I'm still not convinced that this forum would be better off with extra images cluttering it up. And rewarding people for posting more, in my experience, just results in loads of useless posts cluttering up the on-topic forums.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:59 PM   #32
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I'm still not convinced that this forum would be better off with extra images cluttering it up. And rewarding people for posting more, in my experience, just results in loads of useless posts cluttering up the on-topic forums.
That is your opinion. Respect each others opinions.

What do the other mods/admins think about having sig pics?

Last edited by New_Order; 03-19-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #33
guybrush_guy

i understand what everone is saying. it would be a bad thing in certin ways. but kinda cool in others. i know it's not going to happen, its still nice to wonder

Old 03-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Order
That is your opinion. Respect each others opinions.

What do the mods/admins think about having sig pics?
You don't seem to understand. He is the admin.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #35
merely human

Yes, New_Order, did you not notice his title under his name? The mods and admins have never really decided on image sigs, and we've more or less have had the same mods and admins for several years now.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-19-2004, 09:48 PM   #36
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosferatu
You don't seem to understand. He is the admin.
I ment other admins, I better edit that post and explain it better.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #37
Friendly Server Admin

Well, Marek was just over here, and he seemed pretty negative about the idea too.

I think you can pretty much take it as given that the final answer is 'No.'
Old 03-20-2004, 01:14 AM   #38
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

That's a good decision, I don't think it's a good idea to put images as signature, even if the pic is small, it still takes a lot of space and is "annoying" when there are lots of picture sigs in one page.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:29 AM   #39
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

oh PUHLEEEEZ no image signatures. YUCK.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:46 AM   #40
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
oh PUHLEEEEZ no image signatures. YUCK.
word!