You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Not a good start....!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #1

Default Not a good start....!

This site is proof of why Adventuregaming is not what it used to be - amateurism! So many adventure games have been said on this site to be 'thrown together' and 'with little professionalism', and yet we have this:

I decide I wanted to register, given there are a couple of site features I have found through Google I would like to comment on. Well, I register and get reply to the email and it seems I am 'in'.... Except, when I go to the feature, I am not logged in and it doesn't recognise my user name! I try this a couple times in various ways and its always the same!

So this time I don;t go to the features/editorial part of the site, I come straight to these forums, and what do I see? Yes, I am automatically logged into the forums, allowing me to post this message!

So there we have it, just like with so many adventure games today, you buy into what you see, it looks good on the surface, but as soon as you dig a little deeper problems appear and that word 'amateur' jumps into your mind!

I can only presume therefore, that when you register, it's only for the forums? And that I have to register again for the other part of the site? Or do I? Just like with an adventure game, having a dead end/hassle right at the start does not engender confidence...
Old 05-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Super Moderator

You only need to register once, but you currently have to log in twice, once for the main site, and once for the forums.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Psychonaut

Which is hardly the toughest puzzle in the world of adventuring.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #4

Well, as I say, and these posts are proof, that while I am automatically logged into the forum, I cannot get that same username to be recognised on the editorial side, and I did say I could not get my user name recognised, didn't I?! Meaning I tried to enter it again!

Also that it took just two posts to get a juvenile snide comment shows up the other problem with adventure gaming, gamers with no maturity or understanding of anything except me me me. The persons avatar says it all, and between that and what was said also makes a mockery of the rules I had to agree to!

So moderator, close this thread and cancel my registration. As I see no point coming to this site any more - for so many reasons!

Adventure gaming dying? Who knows? But I am now sure sites like this hinder rather than help the genre, based on my experience.

Last edited by UK_John; 05-25-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_John View Post
Also that it took just two posts to get a juvenile snide comment
It didn't even take one post.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

Hey, slam Adventure Gamers all you want, but nobody insults Calvin & Hobbes on my watch!

The log-in system isn't ideal, but we're always happy to help when there's a technical problem. Seems to be working fine now, so best guess here was simply a mistyped case-sensitive user name or password.

I'd express some regret about the hassle, but given the hostile nature of your posts, it's probaby just as well. I'm sure all our volunteer staff members appreciate your blame for destroying the genre over the last ten years and counting.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Queen of Lightning

*sigh* If having to log in for both the editorial site and the forums is such a terrible thing, then I suppose GameFaqs and GameSpot are equally terrible, since you have to do the same thing there.
I don't post here often, since I already belong to a few other gaming sites, but registering for this site was most definitely not a hassle in my experience.

Um, yeah - so the OP's difficulties in registering, might in some part explain his similar difficulties with the AG genre?

Last edited by Moondancer; 05-25-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

Whoops, guess I'll lock this, as it's not really serving any further purpose.