Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Just for a laugh (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/2448-just-laugh.html)

Stinger 03-14-2004 10:20 AM

Just for a laugh

We received this response to our site survey recently, pasted as is:

"Your claim as Best Adventure Site is bullshit. Until you have demos, trrailers, screenshots etc. like Just Adventure, then you are nowhere near even being a timely, balanced site. In fact you are not even in the same league as Just Adventure.

Your empty claims to being the best only make you look childish, immature and petty."

Marek and I thought that was too funny for us to not share. :)

ysbreker 03-14-2004 10:27 AM

ROFL

*grins*

Who ever filled this in is one poor kid with the idea that there is some kind of competition between the 2 sites. We won that competition a looooong time ago :)

Intrepid Homoludens 03-14-2004 10:38 AM

There's a moron born every minute. Unfortunately they too have Internet access.

Luke 03-14-2004 10:39 AM

That's priceless!

ROFL! That's priceless! AG is infinitely better than JA. There's no comparison.

Luke

guybrush_guy 03-14-2004 12:00 PM

hmmm, lat time i checked van helsing was'nt an advnture. and neather is the haunted mansion, the name "just adventure" is kinda useless when you do more then "just adventure"
that guy was a dumb ass

ADVENTUREGAMERS.COM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGA 03-14-2004 12:29 PM

It's Just Adventure +, not Just Adventure. So I suppose it's 'just adventure plus every other genre'... :)

kingBLAOW 03-14-2004 12:29 PM

I think a lot of people think that Just Adventure looks like it has more content because there is so much crap crammed into the main page of their site. It kind of looks like a stockpile of adventure game information (as well as other non adventure information) was vomited up in the form of html, thus resulting in their webpage. After having said that, I still do enjoy their site only because I feel that the more coverage about adventure games the better, but this will always be my first and foremost site for information.

Fanboys will always be fanboys...... so says I, the adventuregamers.com fanboy :)

AGA 03-14-2004 12:34 PM

Why I hate Just Adventure:

part one
part two.

remixor 03-14-2004 12:40 PM

I don't even like LOOKING at JA's site. I go there and it looks like one of those crappy spam pages you get when you're redirected from a wrong URL. They don't even have news on the front page, or anywhere else for that matter. Well, maybe they do, but I didn't feel like navigating that piece of crap long enough to find it. They didn't have any mention of Sam and Max until maybe a week after it was cancelled, when they put that poll up on the front page. Great coverage, guys...

AGA 03-14-2004 01:57 PM

Yeah, if there's one word to describe the front page of JA, it's cluttered. I mean, the thing takes up like 4 full screens in my browser (scrolling down, I mean).

Moosferatu 03-14-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGA
Why I hate Just Adventure:

part one
part two.

I can understand part one, but part two? I can think of a lot of better reasons dislike JA+, and of a lot worse games. Myst 3, IMO, was actually pretty good. The puzzles, I thought, were very nicely done. It was extremely good looking with a lot attention to details. The story was also fairly good. IMO, Myst 3 is better than both Myst and Riven.

AGA 03-14-2004 02:06 PM

It's more the fact that they rate Myst III and games of that type a lot higher than classic adventures like MI2.

Intrepid Homoludens 03-14-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGA
Yeah, if there's one word to describe the front page of JA, it's cluttered.

You're being too kind. To me it's one of the worst designed sites I've ever seen - ugly, confusing, aesthetically sloppy, clashing, non-user friendly, and unprofessional looking. As soon as it appears you have no idea what to click first, all the links and images compete for your attention, and there are waaaay too many pictures. It has no visual and thematic flow and cohesiveness, thereby suggesting that the site has no consistent philosophy for its existence. One of the worst details is that the organization's ideology is at the very bottom of the page, you have to scroll aaaaallll the way down to see it.

It's not all bad, no. There are good reviews and a great deal of information. But my main beef is the overall design and aesthetics of the site itself.

Stinger 03-14-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
"Your claim as Best Adventure Site is bullshit. Until you have demos, trrailers, screenshots etc. like Just Adventure, then you are nowhere near even being a timely, balanced site. In fact you are not even in the same league as Just Adventure."

After some careful consideration, we have decided that in order to be more like Just Adventure, we're going to add screenshots to our site as dictated above.

We're also talking about becoming a "timely site." Of course, that's a pretty lofty goal, but preliminary discussions have begun. More to follow.

- Evan

DomStLeger 03-14-2004 04:10 PM

I think adventure gamers is changing, and not for the better in some respects. I don't think you'd have stooped to quite this level in the past. As silly as that "suggestion" is, was there any need to tell us and spark an anti JA+ thread? It just makes Adventuregamers community look bad.

Intrepid Homoludens 03-14-2004 04:39 PM

Well, let's just put it this way, Dom. A long time ago I had a choice between JA+ and Adventure Gamers. When I logged on to JA+ I freaked at how hideously inimidating it looked because it was just a great big mess, horrible in terms of pragmatic design. When I logged on to AG I was gliding through the site in seconds, not once getting lost, learning its order and direction almost instantly. You don't visit a gaming site blindfolded.

Jake 03-14-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remixor
They didn't have any mention of Sam and Max until maybe a week after it was cancelled, when they put that poll up on the front page. Great coverage, guys...

Maybe they didn't cover Sam & Max 2 because, since it has 3D graphics, it's clearly an action adventure and not a real adventure... Wait, actually that should really be double the incentive for them to cover it. Maybe its because Randy doesn't like LucasArts anymore because unlike some companies they don't respond as kindly to his ass-kissing :shifty:

Wormsie 03-15-2004 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You're being too kind. To me it's one of the worst designed sites I've ever seen - ugly, confusing, aesthetically sloppy, clashing, non-user friendly, and unprofessional looking. As soon as it appears you have no idea what to click first, all the links and images compete for your attention, and there are waaaay too many pictures. It has no visual and thematic flow and cohesiveness, thereby suggesting that the site has no consistent philosophy for its existence. One of the worst details is that the organization's ideology is at the very bottom of the page, you have to scroll aaaaallll the way down to see it.

You are BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To quote them: "Our website is very easy to use if you know how to use a mouse". That's what they told me.

P.S. JA+: if someone from there is reading this, no need to mail me (again) :D You told me it was the old website designer who sent me that comment, but well.... your site hasn't got much better ;(

Zygomaticus 03-15-2004 07:23 AM

MomMMMMMMYYY! I want demos!!! :(

nordic_guy 03-15-2004 07:45 AM

I have used JA+ on a couple of occasions, although most of these occasions was when adventuregamers was down, but still... I don't have all that much against them except for the design, ads and a couple of other flaws.
And their decision to cover more than just plain adventure games is fine by me, doesn't hurt to get a little insight on what's moving right outside the border.
What I don't get is their connection to The Adventure Company. They seem to be running a poll, competition or a feature on their games regulary. :confused: Their games is mostly not even that good.