You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #1

Default Home Page

For over a month I find I cannot get to the Adventure Gamer's Home Page; I get a page that simply states that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." At first I was afraid that Adventure Gamers had shut down, but I find that I can get here to the Forums.

So is there something wrong at the site, or is this something wrong with my computer.

Antoinetta III
Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to tobacos

I guess there somthin wrong with your computer the site has been working
fine for me through the last month....
Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Antoinetta, I would go to your cookies and specifically delete the Adventure Gamers cookies. Now that will make you need to log in again, but it may help you load the front page.

Also, what version of IE are you running? The page doesn't display in IE6 or earlier like it would with IE7 or other browsers, but it shouldn't completely keep the page from displaying though.

Try the cookies thing and see what that does and let us know.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #4

I don't know what version of Internet Explorer I have, but this shouldn't be the problem as I had no trouble getting to Adventure Gamers up until a month or six weeks ago. I bought this machine in late December, 2006 and it came with whatever IE version that was extant at the time, and, as I say, I never had any problems until recently.

At first I thought this was a problem with the link in my favourites section, but when I found I could get to the Forum page, I clicked on the "Home" button at the top of the page, and got the same "can't display webpage" response.

Finally, how do I go about dealing with my cookies? and for that matter, how do I find which edition of IE I have? Where do I click, where do I go; I know we have walk-thrus for games, but is there any walk-thru for this technical stuff?

Thanx in advance,

Antoinetta III
Old 02-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Super Moderator

You very likely have IE6 (someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong).

For your cookies:

Tools (at the top) > Internet Options > Delete Cookies (button in the General tab)

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's a way to delete individual cookies. A forewarning, if you delete all cookies, any saved log-in information you have will be erased and you'll have to re-log into other places you visit.