You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback New front page header/footer design

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Default New front page header/footer design

Just wanted to drop a note to say "good job" on the new front page stuff. I hope putting the login stuff at the top of the site will encourage more people to post comments and participate in stuff.

Also, seeing my avatar up at the top of a site is always a treat. (Though it reminds me of being on the Telltale site, which makes me think I'm at work!)
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Under pressure.

I like it, too. At first I wasn't too sure about the blue-ish background, but it started to grow on me.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
Caffein Queen

I love it too. And it loads a lot faster now

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 11-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Thanks!

Until the end of the year a few more (gradual) improvements will be made to some of the specific subpages of the site. Also the forums will have a matching template eventually, but don't know when.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
tsa
Playing character

I must say I find the top of the page a bit messy. Having the login stuff there is nice, especially being greeted by my avatar, as Jake also said, but that is now on the most prominent place, together with the Search field. I would place those underneath the links to News, Reviews etc., so basically I would just swap those two bars around. In that way you will make it a tiny bit easier for lurkers and other visitors to navigate the site.

The bottom of the page looks a lot better than the top IMO, but here I also have a suggestion. How about putting the 'Welcome to AdventureGamers.com' box in the right column on the main page, above the 'Latest News' block? Again to help visitors finding out what the site is about. You then have both the big left and narrow right columns on the main page at approximately the same length. You can put the random database pich back in the footer then!
I also dearly miss the direct link to this article, that describes in a great way what adventure games are. It used to be on the far bottom right of the page. I know you have a link to the FAQ now, in which the first link points to the article in question, but I think the article deserves better. Maybe you can put it in the Welcome block?

Those are my two cents. I hope they help you.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
It's just me

I looooooooooooooooove the new design!! Good work everyone!

Old 11-27-2008, 05:18 AM   #7
The Quiet One

Yeah. I like it.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #8

Although I sign in through in the main page, when I go to post in the forum I am still considered offline and being asked to sign in again. This happens if I choose to go to my settings, messages etc

Apart from that it is visually better and loads faster
Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Yeah, that's a known problem. The forum and site logins haven't been hooked up yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #10
Puts the 'e' in Mark

tsa: thanks for your suggestions. I've brought back the link to the 'what are adventure games?' article. I'm also considering your other ideas (though other stuff may have to take priority ).
Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #11
tsa
Playing character

Thanks Marek!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #12

It's a real relief to browse Adventure Gamers after some other gaming sites, especially some other adventure game websites. There's a clear knowledge of usability in the spacious, easy-to-read design. It's amazing how slightly larger type and increased line-height can make articles much more appealing to read, as well as good sub-headers, horizontal rules etc. Good site design.