You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback New sort-by-console function for reviews?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Adventurer

Default New sort-by-console function for reviews?

As a new DS-owner, I've found myself searching old threads to find a list of all the available DS adventure games. I have also frequently seen members post a new thread asking for console-specific suggestions, and I got to thinking: maybe it would be easier for gamers that are new to a console to be able to sort the Adventure Gamers Reviews by console, as well as alphabetical, by date, or by score?
It would save having to ask what adventure games are available on the DS, or on PS2. Perhaps it would be easier just to consult the reviews page, and click a button to sort all same-console games together? (Of course people could always still ask which ones are worth their time if a review doesn't help them.)

I'm not sure how much work would be necessary to sort through all the reviews though, and perhaps it has been suggested and rejected in the past.

It's just a suggestion... Thoughts anyone?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

The plan is to have various browse filters for the games database that includes platforms, so you can easily sort games the way you suggest (not reviews specifically, but the game pages). But implementing that proved more difficult than planned, so it's still on to "to do" list. It'll happen at some point, though.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Adventurer

Look forward to seeing it!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
3rd person fanatic :)

Didn't care to start new topic, so I write in this... Would it be possible to link related forum topics to games main pages? I constantly find myself desperatly searching the forum concerning some games.